2000 Cobra R Brembos calipers- Who has them, and what wheels fit?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Just picked up a pair of NOS '00 R calipers and pads and want to make sure my Cosmis XT-005r wheels will clear the calipers. There's plenty of room with the Cobra calipers for sure. I'm pretty sure I'm good, just don't want any surprises.
I did some searching, but all the info seems to be mostly pre-2006 or so. The wheel choices were not the same at the time.

I may be in the market for a second pair of 00R calipers. Preferably a used set. These are honestly too nice to use. The calipers are brand new, still in the OEM boxes. The boxes don't even have a barcode, just "00 R" written on them with a sharpie. Even an extra set of Brembos pads that are still in the original box as well.

SsnakeSVT03

Established Member
I have 18” AFS wheels which fit without any issues. Majority of the replica wheels fit.

The Cosmis don’t clear Brembos but clear Wilwoods.

This will help you OP:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I have 18” AFS wheels which fit without any issues. Majority of the replica wheels fit.

This will help you OP:

I read that. But it's for a 14" setup.
The ATS calipers look bigger that the 00R.

LS WUT

Established Member

This will help you OP:
I wasn’t entirely sure what your set up was, I just remember you posting recently about having the 00R brakes

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
There was a guy in one of the FB Cobra groups who had issues running the Cobra R Brembos with Cosmis wheels. Can’t find the post. Think he had to use a small spacer for clearance.

I'd love to see it if you can find it, although. I dont have Bookface so not sure if I can view it.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
they clear my 17x9 Cobra reps on the front just fine... cant help with the cosmis fitment though. I would assume they might need a little spacer.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
@Mustang5L5 runs those wheels on his fox I think, and has tested different brakes with different wheels, he might be able to help.

I know him personally. He was over my house Sun and we got to talk about it.

Dug back into my records and found I was using 6MM of spacers in this photo and it was barely clearing. I dont have the wheel torqued down however. I think it was contacting as I said I think 10mm would be more ideal. These are the older version Cosmis wheels, which is what he has. So a 3/8" spacer might do it? Probably means you are buying extended lugs for that.

These sit on my shelf because I didn't want to run spacers. I actually can't because of where my wheel sits.

The ATS are 42 or 43mm pistons, and the cobra R are 38mm. Maybe the R calipers are slightly narrower so that you might be able to get away with 5 or 6mm of spacers. Can you measure the width of the cobra R brembo from where the outer pad sits to the outer edge of the caliper?

1696259027633.png

Last edited:

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Mounting face of the bolt insert to outside edge of caliper is 3.57”. Only way I could see about getting a reference point. So if you measure the cobra r brembo in same spot, you can get a rough idea if you’ll need about the same amount of spacers....short of directly test fitting

IMG_5496.jpeg

These poor calipers have been gathering dust for years. One of these years I’ll get a set of wheels where I can actually run them

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread