2000 Cobra R #155 - FOR SALE

Andy M

Established Member
Folks,

I know many of you will be shocked that I have decided to sell #155. :cryying: Those of you who know me personally also know how much I love this car. It has brought me countless hours of driving pleasure and satisfaction. Addtionally, were it not for this car, I would not have met and gotten to know many of you personally from this forum.

However, since meeting the woman of my dreams last year (and marrying her in June), I have reviewed my personal goals and she and I have reluctantly decided (together) to sell the car. We are planning on obtaining our real estate licenses (again, as a team) and plan to begin investing in some real estate opportunities as they may arise. As such, the R will not only not be used as much as in the past, but we have plans for the funds derived from its sale. If all goes according to plan, I plan on either building a purpose-built race car or finding one which someone else has done most of the work on but either cannot afford anymore or is tired of working on. I love this sport too much to stay away completely, so I will also likely be attending some events with my close friend Joe Johnson. I need to continue to get my "fix" somehow. :poke: ;-)

Those of you who know me personally understand that this is not an easy decision. However, I would really love to see the car go to someone who will enjoy it (as I have) for what it was intended for - track!! As you know, this is not a stock Cobra R, so collectors will not be interested. However, many of you also know, I have spared little expense over the past 5 years making this car as close to a real race car as possible. About the only thing missing at this point are coilovers.

Some history on the car. It was purchased in Houston at Joe Myers Ford in July 2000 by a personal friend of mine brand new. I then purchased it from him used with only 1300 or so miles on clock - essentially still a brand new car a year later (August 2001). I did some track with it (after doing some initial mods like the diff cooler, etc.) the first year or so, but many of the initial miles were on the street doing occasional cruise nights, car shows, and just in general enjoying it on the street. During 2002 and 2003, I put many of the track miles attending several events across the country. Although I have continued to run track with it over the past 2 years since then, these events have been very limited as compared to the initial first couple of years. The car has never had a offtrack excursion (one which I hit anything significant) or an ontrack event with any other cars. Other than an occasion offtrack in the weeds, this car remains unmolested today. It of course has some slight rock chips on the nose (Joe says these give it character), as well as a few slight chips in a few spots, but otherwise cosmetically, it looks perfect considering its track history. Again, those of you who know me personally know how anal I am about maintenance and general upkeep on the car. I continually have folks at car shows who are amazed at how good this car looks given its track history and mileage. I have always changed the engine oil directly after EVERY track event, staying with the Ford recommended MOBIL ONE oil as well as using a MOBIL ONE filter. Addtionally, after every second event, I have changed the transmission fluid as well as the diff fluid, using Royal Purple synthetic in both.

Here is a list of the mods I have done on the car during the time I've owned it:

2000 Mustang Cobra R #155 of 300

purchased new – July 2000 at Joe Myers Ford in Houston TX (Eric Frazier – original owner and personal friend) – mileage = 0

purchased used – August 2001 from Eric Frazier (by Andy Menard) [Second and current owner] – mileage at time of purchase = 1360

January 16, 2006
current mileage = 18000

mods:

1. 1.75” DOM tubular steel 6 point welded cage (done at Janco in Wylie TX)
2. Kenny Brown XTREME subframe braces with jacking rails (welded at Janco at time of cage install)
3. custom window net install (mesh) [quick release] done at Lucas Automotive Restorations in Houston (driver’s side only)
4. SABELT 5 point seat harnesses (both sides)
5. quick release Sparco racing steering wheel with working horn buttons
6. Kenny Brown rear tie rod connectors (solid hiem joints)
7. custom adjustable sway bar connectors - rear
8. Kenny Brown 1-3/8” tubular front sway bar
9. custom Delrin bushings (front and rear) on upper and lower control arms (offset in front)
10. Urethane IRS hanger bushings
11. Torsen T2R diff (Ford Racing 3.73:1 gear ratio) , with 2003 Cobra upgraded half shaft axles
12. two piece floating (Brembo slotted) rotors in front
13. stainless braided Brembo front brake lines
14. Ford Racing slotted rotors in rear
15. Urethane steering rack bushings
16. aluminum Steeda battery box relocation to trunk
17. Optima Red Top battery
18. Battery/all power kill switch (heavy duty - Moroso)
19. 4 position custom switch chip
20. offroad X pipe and catback exhaust from Bassani
21. Kenny Brown diff cooler (custom installed at Houston Performance) – mounted inside trunk
22. Kenny Brown front strut tower brace (wrinkled black finish)
23. Maximum Motorsports adjustable caster/camber plates in front
24. carbon fiber front air splitter (custom from Marine Specialties in Houston) – painted to match car
25. set of 4 – Ford Racing (OEM) chrome 18X9.5” Cobra R rims with BFG KDW tires (265/40/18)
26. set of 4 – Steeda Ultralite rims (silver) - 18X9” with original set of BFG KD tires (100 wear compound) (265/40/18)
27. set of 4 – original silver Cobra R 18X9.5” rims (came with car from Ford) with set of half worn Michelin Pilot Sport Cup Tires mounted (285/30/18)
28. welded steel front skid plate (to protect oil pan) – done at Bumbera’s Performance in Houston TX
29. full set of gauges:

· Autometer – mechanical oil pressure
· Autometer – mechanical water temp
· Autometer – mechanical oil temp
· Autometer – electrical rear diff oil temp
· Autometer – electrical fuel pressure
· Autometer – RPM warning light (set to 6400 RPM)
· Low oil pressure warning light
· High water temp warning light

Please PM me if you are or know someone interested in discussing the car. I have not yet decided how much to ask, but will let you all know ASAP once I do.

Cobra-R

Established Member
I can attest to how nice this car is, Andy kept it up perfectly.

We wish you the best in your real estate career, Andy! :beer:

Brian

PS: Since Andy has been a long time R forum Member, has contributed so much to this site, and we personally know how good this car is, I am making this sticky and keeping it seperate than the "for sale" thread.

Last edited:

scottmartin

lets get ready to rumble!
Established Member
selling the R

Andy, sorry to hear about the sale. I know that some things are more important than others. Good luck in the new career. Good luck with the new marriage. Hope you can make quick return. Scott

Andy M

Established Member
I forgot to include a couple more items on the list of mods:

30. Steeda Tri-Ax shifter
31. Clifford Alarm (with starter kill) System
32. Tow hooks front and rear

Thanks guys! You guys who know me know that I will not disappear from the sport or, more importantly, the people like you all whom I have become close with over the years. I am just taking a short break and focusing on rearranging my priorities.

Last edited:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Andy, sorry to hear this, but things come up in life, and you have to make adjustments, we'll see it makes it to a good home, and gets used "properly" as you have....best of luck to you in the future, and glad to hear you'll be checking in on us with joe....you're always welcome to borrow mine at the track! :beer: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Andy M

Established Member
Ken,

In the famous words of Ahnald - "A'll be bahck"!

It is just a matter of time before I reappear with a stripped down non-street legal race car! :D Until then, you're likely gonna see me tagging along with Joe on some track events.

SDW Racing

Established Member
Andy,

Where were you when I was selling my Mustang race car??? We could have swapped cars and some cash!!!!!

Anyway....I'd like to see some detailed pics of your 00R if you don't mind.

If you can't post them here, just email them to:

[email protected]

Thanks,

John

Andy M

Established Member
SDW Racing said:
Andy,

Where were you when I was selling my Mustang race car??? We could have swapped cars and some cash!!!!!

Anyway....I'd like to see some detailed pics of your 00R if you don't mind.

If you can't post them here, just email them to:

[email protected]

Thanks,

John

John,

you have mail. Call me if you'd like as well. I think I gave you my cell# in the PM message yesterday.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I'd love to have it...if I had not just bought a '00R.

Would you be interested in selling the original exhaust? Mine has a lot of road rash and I would like a clean original one for the future.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
:poke: JM :poke: this :poke: is :poke: the :poke: one :poke: you've :poke: been :poke: waiting :poke: for :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread