200 MPH?

cobrakommander

185mph in Italy. Ran out of road and balls.

hahaha when I hit 160 my heart was beating out of my chest, I had to pull out because a car was approaching in the opposite direction on the two lane highway I was on. Not sure how far I would have stuck with it if that car wasn't coming at me.

I was more nervous about the road condition. It was a highway I have never been on.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
170MPH at the 2015 Colorado Mile. (She was still stock, at the time.)

Cell phone video of one of my launches (not sure which one)...

GoPro of the 170MPH run. (DA was ~8K ft)...

Pitcure of speed slip...
Pass 5 - 170.2MPH.jpg

Last edited:

rwleonard

Established Member
One of my favorite stretches of twisty road dumps me onto a straightaway where I hit 140-150. I try to do that at least once a week.

After all...being scared doesn't keep you from dying, it just keeps you from living. You know who you are.

99VERT

Established Member
145 country roads leading to the north Georgia mountains. As previously stated these cars get to 120-140 very quickly! Highway on ramps with a good 3rd and 4th gears pull & your doing 120 plus. Smooth as glass! Foxbodies on the other hand is a white knuckle ride and you know your going fast.

Info@Injected

145 country roads leading to the north Georgia mountains. As previously stated these cars get to 120-140 very quickly! Highway on ramps with a good 3rd and 4th gears pull & your doing 120 plus. Smooth as glass! Foxbodies on the other hand is a white knuckle ride and you know your going fast.

Glad you're enjoying her still, Chris!

Encountering other snakes I hear, too! :)

rwleonard

Established Member
On those time slips, are the three numbers speeds at various points along the run?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
165 on the last glance at speedo, stayed in it for a few more seconds before letting up.

The space needed to top these out (190-202, where ever a stock one will top at) is significantly greater than anywhere I have locally.

Drewsky65

Established Member
I've hit between 160-170 near the top of 4th gear a few times, never been in 5 th trying to top out. Wasn't sure on the exact speed because I didn't look at it long. Didn't take to long to get there either!

Fordfourlife

Established Member
185mph before running out of road. It was still pulling,I think another mile it would hit 200.

Users who are viewing this thread