200+ mph motorcycle races (s1000rr, hayabusas)

Kiohtee

Established Member
Just wicked!

In T-shirts, jeans, and sneakers nonetheless. Pretty crazy!

Obvious non-rider is obvious...

Do you really think anything shy of an indestructible bubble is saving you from death at 200+? :dw:

Edit: Let me clarify that I always wear my gear personally, and I always advise doing so regardless, but it's a moot point when the objective is 200+. Nothing short of a miracle is saving you.

Last edited:

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
Just wicked!

Do you really think anything shy of an indestructible bubble is saving you from death at 200+? :dw:

Edit: Let me clarify that I always wear my gear personally, and I always advise doing so regardless, but it's a moot point when the objective is 200+. Nothing short of a miracle is saving you.

I disagree... Tell that to any pro stock bike guy who's had a get off and still has skin left on his body. I get what you're saying, but I think it could still help.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
Just wicked!

Wait, are you saying I'm obviously a non-rider? I've been riding for years. I have a ZX-636R that I ride almost every day lol. I know that leather ain't gonna do anything for impact, but if these guys get lucky enough to NOT hit anything and just slide and tumble, how can you say it won't help?

Zemedici

Established Member
Wait, are you saying I'm obviously a non-rider? I've been riding for years. I have a ZX-636R that I ride almost every day lol. I know that leather ain't gonna do anything for impact, but if these guys get lucky enough to NOT hit anything and just slide and tumble, how can you say it won't help?

he's saying you'll still be torn to shreds regardless.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
hA0C9F11E

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member

Got to agree. At that speed limbs will most likely separate from body from centrifugal force. No way in hell you can just hold your arms in and roll with it.

oldmodman

Established Member

No you won't. I had a rear wheel failure on my Turbo Z-1 at Bonneville in 1979 at speed. I had just gone through the lights at the two mile and the hub fractured, bike went one way and I went the other. Recorded speed at the two mile was 187 so I was going a little faster when I hit the salt. I was sore from the pounding I took slowing down but that was all. Full, one piece leathers and Bell full face helmet. Thurlow Leatherworld Deerskin Gloves.
But if this had happened on the street and you hit anything at speed then yes, you will probably die, gear or no gear.
Amazingly the bike was running again after two days work. Everything was packed with salt when it fell down. I was running in an unstreamlined class. No bodywork back in those days.

Zemedici

Established Member
No you won't. I had a rear wheel failure on my Turbo Z-1 at Bonneville in 1979 at speed. I had just gone through the lights at the two mile and the hub fractured, bike went one way and I went the other. Recorded speed at the two mile was 187 so I was going a little faster when I hit the salt. I was sore from the pounding I took slowing down but that was all. Full, one piece leathers and Bell full face helmet. Thurlow Leatherworld Deerskin Gloves.
But if this had happened on the street and you hit anything at speed then yes, you will probably die, gear or no gear.
Amazingly the bike was running again after two days work. Everything was packed with salt when it fell down. I was running in an unstreamlined class. No bodywork back in those days.

so what are you saying?

obviously you wont in salt/grass/sand/turf

Last i checked the video was guys racing on the street though....:shrug:

Blackness03

Established Member
thats a pretty bold statement to say it will make ZERO difference.

The only difference will be a closed or open casket.

On the street you aren't just going to slide in a straight line down the highway at 200mph. Chances are you are going to hit something. Go off in the grass and roll, hit the ditch, something. Once you start that roll at those speeds you are done for. At the track or on the salt flats is where it saves your ass.

RFM50

Established Member
That is just crazy speeds on the street! An animal could run in front of you at any time and it's lights out. I wouldn't do it in a car either but at least if you were in a car the animal would be destroyed, probably the car too but you could survive.

Zemedici

Established Member
That is just crazy speeds on the street! An animal could run in front of you at any time and it's lights out. I wouldn't do it in a car either but at least if you were in a car the animal would be destroyed, probably the car too but you could survive.

doubtful, have you seen what deer and shit do to cars at 60? Imagine 200. :( ha

Users who are viewing this thread