20" wheels

bluesnake263

Baby hulk
Established Member
I am considering getting a new set of wheels/tires. Many of the wheels I like come in 20" size only. I have a 2010 gt500 that comes with 19" rims stock. Would 20" wheels slow me down significantly? Also if I do go with 20's what else do I need to do to compensate? I'm thinking about the shelby CS70's in gunmetal or the foose legends on black. Prolly gona go with nitto invos for rubber.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I've had 20's on mine since I got it; I'm on my 3rd set of True Forged wheels on this car alone (5th set in total). I would STRONGLY recommend you at least look into True Forged before you buy anything else. Steve, the owner of TF, is a member here and takes very good care of SVTP members. He also gets killer deals Nitto rubber when you buy them as a wheel/tire package.

Here's my car on 20" True Forged Chicanes finished in Black Chrome with polished lips.
85776e9f.jpg

2a827ca2.jpg

And this is the way it sits currently with 20" True Forged Ravels in single tint brushed with chrome lips. I've been considdering a new set (I change wheels like most people change clothes) so these might be available soon. If you like them, PM me and we can talk.
d8f57e29.jpg

e9792d02.jpg

Last edited:

bluesnake263

Baby hulk
Established Member
Damn man the car looks great! I will look into TF today and dowse around! Those shelby CS70's in gunmetal would look good but holy hell they are pricey!

gbw1229

Established Member
I agree that the CS70 or any of the CS wheels are pricey. I just purchased CS1's for my 2011, cost $1,447.56 and that is with a 6% discount, price includes shipping. Will be going this afternoon to get them installed on my 2011.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
If you think the CS wheels are expensive dont even bother looking at TF's lol. I have 20" CS69's and love them. My speedo seems to be accurate according to the police radar set ups in town. As far as slowing you down, maybe a little but I doubt you'll notice it.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Damn man the car looks great! I will look into TF today and dowse around! Those shelby CS70's in gunmetal would look good but holy hell they are pricey!

Thanks! TF's are probably a little more expensive, but the quality is hard to match for the price. You can pretty much have them built anyway you want too, which is the way it should be with a billet forged wheel of this caliber. Pick your style, pick your colors, pick your size... Endless possibilities. If you see something you like, don't be intimidated by prices, Steve is a great guy to work with and will do anything he can to make it painless.

bluesnake263

Baby hulk
Established Member
Yeah the foose ss legends in black has really caught my eye. My car is striped in white though not black. I'm gona upgrade tires as well. If I have to spend a lote more $$$ then so be it. I need to look at true forged and see if I find some designs that I like more than the foose legend. I like the classic looking 5 spoke type design.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
To many variables like height, weight, gear ratios and tires; to so yes or no for sure and down to the millisecond, but as long as the weight of the wheels aren't significantly heavier, there shouldn't be any measurable loss from 19's to 20's.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
To many variables like height, weight, gear ratios and tires; to so yes or no for sure and down to the millisecond, but as long as the weight of the wheels aren't significantly heavier, there shouldn't be any measurable loss from 19's to 20's.

correct.

if you have an 18" cast wheel, the weight is distributed all over the place. if you have a 20" forged wheel that weighs the same, or less, the majority of the weight is actually at the hub. the hoops on forged wheels are extremely light. the wheels pistolwhip has up above probably weigh about 27lbs and theyre a little heavier because he opted for chrome lips. even still, the majority of the weight is at the very center, where it is optimal.

with a wider wheel, with the correct offset, you can get a nice fat sticky tire that will actually hook. it doesnt matter how much they weigh if theyre just spinning when you floor it. :burnout:

not a lot of wheel options out there for a shelby that will let you slam it on 315/35/20s and not rub ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread