20 week ultrasounds in and our twins are...

CobraSusie

Team Shelby Great Lakes State Director (Indiana)
Established Member
We are both so very happy, we got to find out what the babies are,
we have a boy and a girl :banana:

the average single birth pregnancy the babys weight is approx. 10.5 ounces
our girl is 12 ounce and our boy is 13 ounces, so they are larger then average our doctor was thrilled, but I am 6 foot 1, and my husband is 6 foot 3
so we knew they wouldn't be small babies :)

We have to decide on nursery colors and tomorrow the shopping begins!
Gymboree here we come!

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
Congrats. Be careful with the colors you pick, you may end up with twin boys; I've seen it with friends and read about it where the doc couldn't see the package for whatever reason and called a boy a girl. Would hate to see one little guy going home wearing pink. ;)

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
That is so exciting, Susie! Boy, twins are running rampant on svtp! :eek: Can't wait to be following you on your baby trail, too!:banana:

CobraSusie

Established Member
Thanks everyone! yeah no boys wearing pink in this house :beer:

CobraSusie

Established Member
Congrats Susie. I was hoping for one of each too, but I'm kinda relieved not to have a girl, ha!
we wanted one of each so I wouldn't have to do this again, my husband said he'd be fine with whatever we got, but I wanted one of each bad enough to try again, now I am relieved I won't have to :D

how is the Momma holding up? Bet she is tired :sleeping: I am anxious to see pics of your babies, but don't want to rush them either so I will patiently wait.
with the injections etc. their lungs will be nice and prepared, or alot better off the hospital time should be cut, but it also depends on weight and being able to successfully drink a bottle, I think they let them go home at 5 lbs.
so I am crossing my fingers, and staying tuned.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
She's good. Babies are kicking and hurting her. I don't want to steal your thread though.

Let us know about the shopping spree tomorrow.

oldmodman

Established Member
That's great news Susie.

Bookends!

But are you feeling better?

It's funny how different pregnancies can be.

Paula was sick as a dog (maybe even a Dane) with her first. Second and third she sailed through. But the fourth was murder. She actually lost weight during the 2nd trimester.

CobraSusie

Established Member
That's great news Susie.

Bookends!

But are you feeling better?

It's funny how different pregnancies can be.

Paula was sick as a dog (maybe even a Dane) with her first. Second and third she sailed through. But the fourth was murder. She actually lost weight during the 2nd trimester.
just when I thought I was getting better, I have been awake with a cold for 2 nights :nonono: which explains the posting at really weird hours :bored: but the other issues are getting better (Thank Goodness) but yeah when I was pregnant with my daughter it was a breeze compared to this :thumbsup:

ssssnake

Established Member
One of each! Congrats Susie. Nursery colors ought to be easy, maybe a sherbert color (green) or yellow. I hope it's smooth sailing for you.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Thanks everyone! yeah no boys wearing pink in this house :beer:
good dress him in comp orange :lol1:

btw sounds like you got some healthy babies there, i was 24" long and 7lbs 13oz.... be ready for at least 40+ inches of pure pain to come out hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread