20" True Forged SuperSport wheels

mig4236

Established Member
You do not need a box to ship them. I have received wheels and tires mounted from Discount thru UPS just the wheel/tire. They put a good sized round piece of cardboard on each side wrapping tape around the whole thing.

I have done the same as otter mentioned above. Really no need for boxes. Just put cardboard over the wheel faces and than shrink wrap or packing tape
I will check with some shipping carriers on Thursday. Thanks.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
mig4236,

If you can send a pic to Steve so he can confirm rear fitment, I would still be interested since I am running large rear brakes.

That is the only reason I backed off on getting them before.

Tom

what brakes did you put on the rear Tom? did you put bigger calipers? or just larger rotors (14"). if bigger calipers then they will not work as we have to do a big brake cut on the rear wheels just like the fronts. very people have ever done that on these cars. its very uncommon (from our customers)

You do not need a box to ship them. I have received wheels and tires mounted from Discount thru UPS just the wheel/tire. They put a good sized round piece of cardboard on each side wrapping tape around the whole thing.

true. make sure to put a sheet of foam between the cardboard and the face of the wheel and that the cardboard is not thin/flimsy. once you wrap the wheel in plastic wrap, be sure to tape the hell out of it or the wrap can come undone. you just reminded me that i posted a thread on how to do this a long time ago lol. i just stickied it in the TF forum
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?733938-How-to-ship-tires-with-wheels

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
what brakes did you put on the rear Tom? did you put bigger calipers? or just larger rotors (14"). if bigger calipers then they will not work as we have to do a big brake cut on the rear wheels just like the fronts. very people have ever done that on these cars. its very uncommon (from our customers)[/url]

I have a 14 Shelby stock rear brakes.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread