20"s on a 93 Cobra!!! Can I do it?

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Its been on ebay a couple times before. Looks like it would make a good driver.

That is a car that I would jack up, swap the original wheels back on, then load the car on my trailer to bring home. I would not want anyone to see me pulling a 93 Cobra with 20" band-aids home on the 700 mile trip.

red95gts

Established Member
What I don't get is this: If the guy has the original wheels/tires, why not put them on and take pics for the ebay auction? The car would've probably sold by now if he did. Those 20" wheels look terrible.

buddha93

Established Member
Yep, I've seen it up for a sale a few times myself. It looks like it may actually sell this time with a NR auction.

Heck, if it stays that low, I may get in on the action.........lol!

Ya, the 20's gotta go!

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Looks like he bailed on the sale or had a decent offer on the side.

I am betting he bailed on the "no reserve" sale... 'cause last time it was listed it had a BIN of something like $14,500 ( maybe 15,500)

I don't know if I would believe the 53k original miles on that car, looking at the ripped up lumbar, faded trim, faded t-lights, and oxidized paint..
.. or the car sat outside from day one and had an unpampered life.

buddha93

Established Member
I don't know if I would believe the 53k original miles on that car, looking at the ripped up lumbar, faded trim, faded t-lights, and oxidized paint..

That's funny you mention that because I was thinking the same exact thing. The seat is what really caught my eye. My 100k set looked better then those before I redid them.:rollseyes

red95gts

Established Member

Agreed. And most cars that have lived an unpampered life have a hell of a lot more than 53K miles after 16 years in existance.

tj04cobra

Established Member
I read the title of the thread and did this :xpl: . Glad to see you were kidding! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edit: It was cool to see that it came with the original wheels!

Last edited:

clean93

Established Member
my 93 came with some terrible aftermarket rims. they still give me nightmares. i drove it home with em and 7 days later i had some ponys on them. i tried to sell those rims but no one wants them so off to the aluminum pile at the county scrap yard. That car looks ok just the wheels gotta GO!!!

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
That car looks ok just the wheels gotta GO!!!

yea I agree, shoulda squoze some dub deuces under there. some uretheane coil spacers doubled up, one on each end of the spring would have done the trick.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread