20 inch rims... Which tires?

Rem152

Established Member
I took every ones advice and am getting rid of my Michelin Pilot Super Sports because I literally smoke them through second gear. I currently am putting out 440 to the rear and wanted to know what options everyone recommends. I was looking at the tires on American Muscle and there is only three selections the Mickey Thompson Street Comps, Nitto INVO, and the Sumitomo HTR Z lll so... Presently I have 295/30/20 on the rear and 255/35/20 on the front.

Thanks

10splaya22

Established Member
If you step down to a 285/35/20 you have a lot more options in the extreme performance category. G-Force Rival, Toyo R888, Hankook Ventus R-S3, Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar. The R888 will be the stickest by far but not recommended for driving in the wet. Any of the other tires should be ok in the wet and will have more traction than the PSS.

Rem152

Established Member
Well I live in Miami so I would like a good all around tire because I do DD it. Also what size should I be running in the front ?

Last edited:

10splaya22

Established Member
Well pick any of the others I mentioned and read some reviews on them. The 295/30/20 size doesn't have many options though which is why I recommended you step down.

Rem152

Established Member
What a pain in the butt it is. I'm leaning towards the Eagles, but the Ventus look like they have a good pattern.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
What a pain in the butt it is. I'm leaning towards the Eagles, but the Ventus look like they have a good pattern.

The R888's are very soft. That would be my choice if you dont have to worry about snow/cold temps. Rain they arent the best but just be careful and dont act stupid.

AMWill

I took every ones advice and am getting rid of my Michelin Pilot Super Sports because I literally smoke them through second gear. I currently am putting out 440 to the rear and wanted to know what options everyone recommends. I was looking at the tires on American Muscle and there is only three selections the Mickey Thompson Street Comps, Nitto INVO, and the Sumitomo HTR Z lll so... Presently I have 295/30/20 on the rear and 255/35/20 on the front.

Thanks

Hey Rem,

I'm going to have to agree with HYBRED on this one and go with the Nitto Invo!

I have run them in the past and will have a set going on my 2014 Track Pack as soon as my new wheels get mounted! They are a great all around tire and I highly recommend them for a daily driver/ weekend warrior.

They are not necessarily a tire you will get a 1.6 60' with but they are definitely no joke when having fun on the street or when you get caught in bad weather.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

-Will

Rem152

Established Member
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions and input I will definitely do some more research and post an update on what I end up with and my experience.

Gary Macomber

Established Member
Just remember the softer they are the more you have to replace them, the Nitto 555r that many people use on my truck last for 10-15k miles where you can go a step down and get 40k miles from those, they aren't at sticky but they ride well and grip when you need it. If spending $700+ a year on tires is something you don't mind and just want the traction I would go with the toyo or nitto.

Rem152

Established Member
Well this is my DD currently I have a 2.6 Kenne Bell on it and saving the funds to build up, but I want some tires that are going to be good on the street because I hardly ever get to go to the track being about 2 1/2 hours away from me.

Gary Macomber

Established Member
Well this is my DD currently I have a 2.6 Kenne Bell on it and saving the funds to build up, but I want some tires that are going to be good on the street because I hardly ever get to go to the track being about 2 1/2 hours away from me.

I feel your pain, I am in Miami too we do have an 1/8th in homestead and the guy who owned countyline is trying to find land for a 1/4 but who knows if or when that will happen. My biggest problem is there is really no place to open the truck up here with all the traffic, I actually got a run in today with a C63 AMG on the highway but that is about all I can ever get. Even on 95 there is to much traffic for me to feel comfortable as I don't want to endanger anyone elses life.

Users who are viewing this thread