20" Chrome ASA TRS II

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
Im just checking to see who actually likes these wheels. They came on my L and I dont particularly like them cause they're just too flashy for me, not into chrome. Also I'd imagine theyre heavy, but anyway, anyone know how much these go for used with 295/50R20 Capitol Negotiator SUV (I think) rubber? tirerack has these ASAs for $289/ea, no idea on the tires. you can kinda see them in my sig, but yeah, I'm just testing waters to see if anyone has good conditioned stockers with rubber they wanna get rid of for some chrome and if so, maybe we could work out a trade or something, again just testing waters.

*edit*
ok, after the threats, I just got home so here are a few pics.
wMTAzNzc3NjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTAzNzc3NzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTAzNzc3ODZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Last edited:

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
TTWIP?
wtfcat-vi.jpg

I might've traded with you a while ago, but I just sold my 20s and put my stocker's back on. Think I'll stick with 'em. It's amazing how much heavier 20s are. I didn't like how the truck rode. Looked great, though. Good luck selling.

5.4power

Established Member
im in bad need of a set of wheels and tires. the guy who i bought my L from was old and he must have killed every curb in Ala. mine r in 2 bad of shape 2 trade but if u come up with a reasonable price i might b interested

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
RidnRodsLightng said:
TTWIP :poke:
hmm...did you mean TTIWWP? This Topic Is Worthless Without Pics? if so, sorry, dont have any pics with me at work, but I can post when I get home if I have time...

203Cree

Established Member
They don't look horrible, but then again, who the hell am I to judge? I've still got the stockers on mine.

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
I like them. I have 99 factory stockers on mine. I would be afraid they would slow my truck down. What kind of deal are you looking for?

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
I think they look nice too...its just that they're too flashy for me and my fiance teases me about them too. just not my style, which is why I chose to swap the rear tails for solid red rear tails, just not to my liking. anyway, I know they're worth more than stockers, so I dont know if I'd be into a straight trade. More than likely though, I'm going to end up holding onto them till I can afford to buy stockers and then I'll sell them. This is my daily driver and its not like I can put the truck on jacks and wait for an exchange or anything. we'll see.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
And I love my new tails! Watch Ebay, for about $700 you can find stockers with ok tires.

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
how about these? does this look like an ok deal or no?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-9...43958QQitemZ7994364884QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
theres also these, I like this style better...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...43958QQitemZ7993354084QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I still need tires, how wide can you go on the stockers? whats the ideal size? 305/50/ZR18?

About the price on my wheels and tires...I dunno...I'm just trying to figure out what its gonna cost me to get a new set of wheels and tires, maybe $800 ish.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
I still think that's high, if you must have new all the better but you can usually find them with about 1/2 tread left for around $600/700. Keep an eye out on local LOC boards. The bay area guys usually have some for sale. or trade. Keep in mind the only 305's I've seen were DR's and you'll spend atleast $800 (Hokook's) for a new set of tires.

Last edited:

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
TucsonPred said:
I still think that's high, if you must have new all the better but you can usually find them with about 1/2 tread left for around $600/700. Keep an eye out on local LOC boards. The bay area guys usually have some for sale. or trade. Keep in mind the only 305's I've seen were DR's and you'll spend atleast $800 (Hokook's) for a new set of tires.
ok ill have to check out some other lightning boards. so, are 305s the best width to go on a stock wheel? how about the side profile? 45?

wow, I just discovered the bay area and socal forums...dammit, wish I had known about these before! maybe I coulda gotten my truck on those...oh well.

Last edited:

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
Just be careful buying rims off e-bay last year I bought a set of rims and three of the four rims were bent.They were brand new rims.But the @sshole that was selling them forgot to leave out that they were blems........I could not figure out why my truck was shaking so bad.I went to 3 different shops to have them balanced then the last one finally figured it out.Sorry I am still pissed off....

Users who are viewing this thread