20 Alcoa Wheels prices

V8Flexin

Established Member
I was just looking through the seller market place and seen a couple of for sale posts for 20 Alcoa wheels. My mouth nearly hit the floor after seeing the prices. My car came with the original 20 Alcoa wheels when I bought it a few years ago. I kinda knew the wheels were expensive but good golly I didn't know they were selling for 4K+ on the used market. That's new blower kind of money. Makes me want to take my wheels off right now and sell'em. Especially since I nearly daily drive my car. I'd rather have a bigger blower than wheels. Are these the average going prices for these wheels or just for wheels in mint condition?

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
+- 1k each has been the norm for quite awhile now. I've seen them sell higher also.
The cheapest one I bought was $800 for a single about a year or so ago.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I scored a set for $3500, complete, mint, w/ tires 90% tread. Waited many years for something priced right.

IMO, I don't think they are worth the high $'s people are asking because the max width is only 10". To many wheel companies now make a standard 11" wide rear wheel. But no one makes a Durabrite finish, which was the big selling point for me.

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I was just looking through the seller market place and seen a couple of for sale posts for 20 Alcoa wheels. My mouth nearly hit the floor after seeing the prices. My car came with the original 20 Alcoa wheels when I bought it a few years ago. I kinda knew the wheels were expensive but good golly I didn't know they were selling for 4K+ on the used market. That's new blower kind of money. Makes me want to take my wheels off right now and sell'em. Especially since I nearly daily drive my car. I'd rather have a bigger blower than wheels. Are these the average going prices for these wheels or just for wheels in mint condition?

If they also have "SUPER SNAKE" engraved on them, they are even more money. The last set of new correct original Super Snake Alcoas that I watched sell on eBay sold for $7500, but as others have mentioned......about $1000 per wheel is the norm.

They were originally $494ea. for the 9" and $499ea. for the 10" when they were available through Shelby Perf. Parts.

The 10" rears fit the front of our cars nicely and allow for a little more meat on the front. The 9" fronts can then be widened for fitment on the rear. It works well, I am 10" front and 12" rear.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Did you have to make modifications to get a 12" to fit the rear?

I removed the plastic dust boots/shields from my Eibach shocks and I removed the rear brake ducts that Shelby installed as part of the Super Snake upgrade. <<Both of these are totally reversible with a narrower tire/wheel combination.

No other mods to my car, bump stop brackets are still in place and this set up has been on my car for approx. four years with no issues.

My daughter was just standing next to me wanting the picture below for her Apple watch background............

013_zpsrznssjzl.jpg

R

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I removed the plastic dust boots/shields from my Eibach shocks and I removed the rear brake ducts that Shelby installed as part of the Super Snake upgrade. <<Both of these are totally reversible with a narrower tire/wheel combination.

No other mods to my car, bump stop brackets are still in place and this set up has been on my car for approx. four years with no issues.

My daughter was just standing next to me wanting the picture below for her Apple watch background............

View attachment 1516485

R

Wow. The rear wheel doesn't stick out at all. Fits in there just like the regular GT500 wheels. What's the offset on the ALCOAs? I'd love to have some 12" wide wheels out back.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Wow. The rear wheel doesn't stick out at all. Fits in there just like the regular GT500 wheels. What's the offset on the ALCOAs? I'd love to have some 12" wide wheels out back.

Many people cried about Alcoa's being the wrong offset.....The real problem was, they were installing the wrong tire for the Alcoa offset.

I first tried a 335/30 on those 12's, I had some rubbing, not always, but like when I would turn into my 45 degree incline driveway. I do not have that problem with these 325's.

There have been some owners who have not been able to fit 12's on the rear, there are production tolerances that differ in the inner fender well area and some cars can do the widest wheels and some can not.

I have the Alcoa offsets at the house, I will see if I can find them this afternoon.

The Alcoa's that are on the front in my picture above were the 10" that were originally on the rear when Shelby did the Super Snake upgrade. Now I have a 275 tire on the front instead of the original 255, and believe me, there is a difference with the 275 and it's grip when I pull this heavy nosed GT500 into a tight turn, it grips much better now. Going fast in a straight line is fun, but it is also nice to hang with a tight turn also.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I found a picture I had taken of the Alcoa offset information........

002.jpg

In relation to the GT500 rear fender well, Alcoa's are out to the edge, so tire choice IS critical to achieve an acceptable look. The wrong tire can definitely make a not so nice look with an Alcoa.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I want my vert to look like this but maybe doing some kind of color matching with the wheels since the theme is pretty much red with black accents.

Sent from my PURE XL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Alcoa's were an option starting in 2011 on the Super Snake...........

004.jpg

^^^That is a 10" for the front on my car, I have two 9" Black Alcoa's being widened right now, for the rear.

R

V8Flexin

Established Member
Being that I daily drive my car on rough roads I'll likely going to sell my alcoa's and get something I can live with possibly getting damage and put that money else where although I love the way they look on the car.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Being that I daily drive my car on rough roads I'll likely going to sell my alcoa's and get something I can live with possibly getting damage and put that money else where although I love the way they look on the car.

Yes, that is something to consider. Damaging an original Alcoa could be a costly thing to happen and with such a short tire side wall, it can happen easily.

R

Users who are viewing this thread