2# upper?? go for it or not??

99RedSVT

Established Member
Im thinkin about gettin a 2# upper to go with my 4# lower i know my truck is running pig rich right now cause i havent gotten it tuned yet with te predator. DO u guys think it would be a bad idea to run a 2# upper??

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
Depends on how you drive your truck. I have a 2.8 sitting here but i know i have too heavy of a right foot to put it on. IF i thought i could limit my WOT runs i would do it but my truck gets WOT 5-10 times a week so i know it would add too much more stress to her.

SNKBITE

Established Member
I had one with a 6# lower on my Lightning. Actually I was only getting about 1.5# from it. My truck was not a daily driver as I have a Supercrew for that, but I would jump in the L and drive 100 miles to a car show, and etc.. Did a lot of cruising too...Plus the weekly drag racing thing.
If you don't keep your foot in it all the time then you will be fine.
Remember, you are not always in positive boost while driving normally, so whats the difference??
Of course you will get as many "don't do it man" posts as you will get " go ahead" posts with this question.
Go for it, but make sure your truck is tuned accordingly..

Last edited:

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
I dont have money fro a new motor so thats why dont wont do it. Get a good tune and kept your foot out of it and you should be fine.

99RedSVT

Established Member
Ya im always gettin into the WOT so i dont knwo i will have to do some thinkin about it...But if i do should i get a 2.8 and what name brand should i get.Also should i get 90MM or 100MM idlers??

SNKBITE

Established Member
You DO NOT need idlers on a Lightning, I don't care what anyone tells you!!!! The blower belt is a dedicated belt that runs only the blower, and there are a bunch of Lightning owners, including myself that ran 6# to 8# lowers in conjunction with 2# uppers and never had a problem with belt slippage.
By the way, I can not remember a time that I drove my Lightning that I did not hit WOT at least one time while I was in it. With my 6# lower and 2# upper I never had a problem with detonation.
I dynoed on a Mustand Dyno at 495/628, It "IS" all in the tune, and the Tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread