2-step - W.O.T. vs MSD - What do you have?

CRAWDAD

Established Member
I am thinking about buying one. How has it helped you? Is it difficult to install?

I understand the MSD doesn't have the delay between shifts, but you don't have to have a laptop to change launch rpm with the MSD either. Is there any other differances?

lawdude

Established Member
I have the WOT Box. Couldn't get the 2 step to work without spinning the tires three ways to Sunday so I disengaged it. I like the no lift shift feature. Makes shifting real smooth. Insofar as installation, I located all the correct wires but didn't feel qualified to make the connections. I hired someone to do that for me. Then I put everything back together.

CPRsm

You don't need a laptop for the WOT box. There is a manual way to set it, and flashes back at you to confirm your setting. you only need the laptop for setting some of the fine adjustments like the TPS % to engage the 2 step, things of that sort.

CPRsm

Oh, for like ten bucks you can get a AC adapter to take the box out of the car and program it on your PC if you don't have a laptop.

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
I ended up using both units....WOT box for no lift shift and MSD for 2 step feature....I run at three different tracks and like to tip the throttle in at different levels to activate the 2-step at each track, also end up making lots of quick changes to RPM launch because of varying track conditions. All this can be done with the WOT box but it's much easier with the MSD.....IMO if you bracket race at all a 2 step is a must.

Last edited:

DMotorsports

Established Member
I have the WOT box. So far its been really good to me. I just take my laptop with me and make adjustments in the pit area between runs.

dirtychamba

Django
Established Member
which is ideal for daily driving?
and some street brawls here and there?
I want something similar to the launch control on the 13.

and which is easier on labor cost to install?

looking at both closely...not sure what the big differences are???

Users who are viewing this thread