2-Step or Trans-Brake

2-Step or Manual Valve Body w/Trans Brake?

• MSD 2-Step

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Manual Valve Body w/Trans Brake

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
Which one would be more beneficial/cost-effective for a twin turbo/auto car. I was thinking about doing one of the two here in the future after I sort out all of the legal issues with the motor getting trashed. I want to be able to build boost at the line. I was going in between the new MSD 2-step or a full manual valve body with transbrake. I know that the MSD 2-step is a lot cheaper than installing the manual valve body with transbrake (it would be about $1000 to do the transbrake). Let me know your opinions guys :)

Last edited:

SVTboy

Established Member
Both. With the transbrake you'll get the most out of the launch at the the track, and the two step will keep it consistant as far as building boost

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
I have never had a 2 step but love my electronic trans brake. Just a push of a button and I'm building boost at the line, release the button and I'm gone!

Janstang

Established Member
Get the transbrake first. Try it at the track and see how long it takes you to get up on the stall. Mines set up about perfect if I let the other guy stage first and I roll in footbraking at 3000rpm and activate the button on the second stage light. If its too high then get the 2-step..

Users who are viewing this thread