2-step help

Brezick

Established Member
Hello,

I wanted to see if anything might be going on with my MSD 2-step because this is the first time ive used one and not sure if I am doing somethign wrong.

Car:
2013 A6
Hellion TT @9lb peak boost
Circle D 3B converter
275 MT ET Pro radial and skinnies up front.

When i footbrake the car, I can get to 2500-2600 before the car wants to pull. So with that I started out lower on the 2 step for practice at the track.

2 step set at 2200, I push the brake pedal, press the momentary button, mash the gas, and it just rolls forward like the brakes are not holding but the RPS stil holds at 2200.

As far as I can tell, the 2 step is working. The RPM gauge holds at the correct RPMs and I can hear the controlled misfires, but its just odd to me why I can footbrake the car higher.

Brezick

Established Member
it holds at 2k, but any higher, the car just pushes forward through the brakes. I just find it odd that i can foot brake it higher, but hit the 2 step and it breaks through the front brakes.

I am wiring up the transbrake with the 2 step this weekend anyway, so this might all just be moot.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
you'll always be able to hold more on the footbrake, because you have the brakes held, on the two step, there is no footbraking, so it will always be lower without a transbrake

transbrake is the quickest way to balloon the internals on one of these transmissions, fyi

Brezick

Established Member
you'll always be able to hold more on the footbrake, because you have the brakes held, on the two step, there is no footbraking, so it will always be lower without a transbrake

transbrake is the quickest way to balloon the internals on one of these transmissions, fyi

Then maybe I am not understanding. I am holding the brake pedal down identical whether I am footbraking or I am pressing the 2 step button.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
when your footbraking the car, your holding the car in place because your holding the brakes.

with the two step, there is no pressure on the brakes

with your foot on the brakes, your are able to hold past the "push point"

with no foot on the brakes, your threshold will be lower than with the foot on the brakes

Brezick

Established Member
when your footbraking the car, your holding the car in place because your holding the brakes.

with the two step, there is no pressure on the brakes

with your foot on the brakes, your are able to hold past the "push point"

with no foot on the brakes, your threshold will be lower than with the foot on the brakes

But I am saying, my foot is on the brake when i press the 2 step button.

Users who are viewing this thread