2 Shelbys in 1 day

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
About 11 and i pick my friend up from getting some work on his car and we cruise it. We catch a brand spankin new 07 GT-500. As i pass him at about 40-45 i drop it into 4th then 3rd to catch a little attention from him and let him know im there. I hear him downshift and we both goose it at 40-45 until we both go at the same time. from 40-75 he pulls 1 car instantly and as i bang 3rd he pulled another 1/2 maybe. We get a light and i ask if hes stock and he said yes and he asks me and i tell him i got an intake. From the light we leave the slow then about 15-20 i hear him spin the tires, and i punch it right after him and he pulls 2 cars through first, my 2nd gear almost stoppped his pull cause he was spinning a little, but his 3rd gear he started chuggin 1-2 more cars ahead. All in all i was kind of shocked i didnt get smoked by more.

Later in the night a friend i met at school finally got his alternator fixed and he brought out his 66-67 shelby gt-350.Its got a 351 with full exhaust side pipes,hotter cam, new ignition and a tremec 5 speed.

First run: about 30 Mph 2nd gear we punch it and i hear him shift 3rd before me and i pulled 2-3 cars and thought he missed 3rd so i let off about 75 mph.
turns out he didnt miss 3rd.
2nd Run: 15mph roll he gets the hit(hes got a peg legger) and i pull even at the end of 1st gear. I missed 2nd but found it fast and only lost 1-2 cars, By the end of 3rd i had pulled back 1 car and shut off.

Best day ive had since owning my car FOR SURE.
For those who dont know i have a 2007 GT with JLT Intake and Tune.

Users who are viewing this thread