2 sets of coil covers for sale

chimazo

Established Member
Selling two different sets of coil covers. $125 SHIPPED for either set. One set says "Powered by Ford," the other polished set says "Ford Racing." Polished set has a few light scuffs, but still looks good.

IMG_0579.gif

IMG_0582.gif

DSC00555.gif

PRP

Established Member
<SNIP>
$125 SHIPPED for either set.
<snip> the other polished set says "Ford Racing." Polished set has a few light scuffs, but still looks good.
DSC00555.gif

Hey guys, For What It's Worth/FWIW:

I have a set of these same COP covers myself.

Most folks don't realize it but Ford Racing has discontinued THESE (machined billet) ones in favor of 'cast' covers. These are machined out of billet aluminum and are very prone to scratching. I wiped mine off with a paper towel one time and scratched them. The solution for the scratches is easy...a buffer wheel on my bench grinder with a little polishing compound. A quick polish makes them look brand new. Now I wish I could figure out how to keep them from scratching again, other than ONLY using a micro-fiber towel to wipe them with (I was thinking a coat of clear might do the trick).

AND something else to note: The billet covers (these ones) were MUCH more expensive then the new cast covers are. When I bought mine second hand, and at twice the price this seller is asking ($250.00), FRPP was selling them for $375 a pair and now you can't get them at all. The new cast covers are now $250 a pair (misprint on the FRPP site says "each").

So whoever buys these covers being offered is getting a better product (IMO) and getting them at a DAMN good price. If I didn't already have a set I would'a JUMPED on them.

For your viewing pleasure;

OLD STYLE-Micro Polished Billet Aluminum w/2-color ball milled logo;
Ford Racing Performance Parts
(discontinued)

NEW STYLE-Polished Die-cast Aluminium w/2-color CAST logo;
($249.99 pr)

EDIT: You can tell the difference between the two by looking at the underside. The billet covers have machine marks from the end mill they used to remove material. The cast ones have the part number cast into them.

I also bought a matching oil filler cap but it appears they discontinued them too. Tousley Ford found one for me at another dealership and sent it to me as I bought a ton of stuff from them so they went out of their way to find one. Point being, they ARE still out there if you have a dealer that can/will check dealer stock for you. And they are a great match to the covers although you can get *similar* caps (black or blue to match your cam covers) which are "new" for FRPP.

Hope This Helps/HTH all involved,
Phill Pollard

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Hey guys, For What It's Worth/FWIW:

I have a set of these same COP covers myself.

Most folks don't realize it but Ford Racing has discontinued THESE (machined billet) ones in favor of 'cast' covers. These are machined out of billet aluminum and are very prone to scratching. I wiped mine off with a paper towel one time and scratched them. The solution for the scratches is easy...a buffer wheel on my bench grinder with a little polishing compound. A quick polish makes them look brand new. Now I wish I could figure out how to keep them from scratching again, other than ONLY using a micro-fiber towel to wipe them with (I was thinking a coat of clear might do the trick).

AND something else to note: The billet covers (these ones) were MUCH more expensive then the new cast covers are. When I bought mine second hand, and at twice the price this seller is asking ($250.00), FRPP was selling them for $375 a pair and now you can't get them at all. The new cast covers are now $250 a pair (misprint on the FRPP site says "each").

So whoever buys these covers being offered is getting a better product (IMO) and getting them at a DAMN good price. If I didn't already have a set I would'a JUMPED on them.

For your viewing pleasure;

OLD STYLE-Micro Polished Billet Aluminum w/2-color ball milled logo;
(discontinued)

NEW STYLE-Polished Die-cast Aluminium w/2-color CAST logo;
($249.99 pr)

EDIT: You can tell the difference between the two by looking at the underside. The billet covers have machine marks from the end mill they used to remove material. The cast ones have the part number cast into them.

I also bought a matching oil filler cap but it appears they discontinued them too. Tousley Ford found one for me at another dealership and sent it to me as I bought a ton of stuff from them so they went out of their way to find one. Point being, they ARE still out there if you have a dealer that can/will check dealer stock for you. And they are a great match to the covers although you can get *similar* caps (black or blue to match your cam covers) which are "new" for FRPP.

Hope This Helps/HTH all involved,
Phill Pollard

Good info, but both links to the FRPP site are to the same Part # M-6067-A?

:shrug:

chimazo

Established Member
Polished set has been sold (for too little, apparently!).

I actually swapped out the polished ones for the Ford GT covers, which I prefer. To each his own...

Users who are viewing this thread