2 school zone questions

olefafl

Established Member
1. In town, with flashing light that is on, but there is NO school that week day. Sign with light said when flashing. Normal speed is 25, school zone is 20.
I have no problem doing the 20 because its in town.

2. Out of town, sign said 7am-7pm school days. It is a week day, but there is NO school.
Normal speed is 40, school zone speed is 20.
I have been tailgated in this one when school is in & busses around so its not like they don't know.

So what is the speed limit in the school zones.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
If the sign says "when flashing the speed limit is XX" that is the speed you follow when the sign is flashing regardless of the day of week or hour of day.

If it is a sign alone and it states during certain hours that the speed limit is different but only on school days, that means exactly that.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
In FL they tend to put school zone on the ground like 100 plus feet infront of the flashing signs. Is that the spot where it starts of the sign?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
In Fl. the school zone starts where the school zone sign is. They demarcate the zone. As does the end school zone on the opposite side.

olefafl

Established Member
Thanks for the answers.

The out of town one, I call and asked for some LEO to watch from the school and stop the people that speed in the school zone and then turn into the school.:nono:

Users who are viewing this thread