2 Questions: Touch up paint and rear spoiler

Killer04

Established Member
Hey all:

I've got a 04 Cobra that has a scuff on the right hand corner of the front bumper. Its about an inch and a half long, and the paint was stripped down to the primer. I bought some touch up paint from my local Ford dealership and was just looking for some tips on applying it so it flows seemlessly with the rest of the paint.

Secondly, my rear bumper has the adhesive tape sticking out from the inside. Hopefully some of you know what I'm talking about. Everytime I drive somewhere part of it is sticking out. I push it back in there, then sure enough its sticking back out a by the time I get out of the car. Will Ford fix this under warranty? Any quick at home fixes for this??

Thanks guys.

KILLER04

SpectorV

Established Member
applying touch up paint with the little brush that comes with the paint (unless they have changed the applicator) will result in an awful mess. I would let a pro touch it up only after seeing some of his work to ensure they know what they are doing.

SpectorV

Established Member
applying touch up paint with the little brush that comes with the paint (unless they have changed the applicator) will result in an awful mess. I would let a pro touch it up only after seeing some of his work to ensure they know what they are doing.

Killer04

Established Member
Yeah, that's why I was asking. I know those touch up paint bottles sux!! But I'm not about to shell out a grip of cash for a inch long scuff, that's not even an inch wide.

I guess it doesn't hurt to get an estimate.

KILLER04

Users who are viewing this thread