2 owner 2004 Whipple Cobra 18k miles

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
FS: Black Whippled 04 Cobra, 18k miles, 2-owner car

I know I will regret making this move, but it's time for me to buy a ring and part with my baby. I drove to Florida last year to buy this car with 8,000 miles from the original owner who was a 60yr old doctor. The car was perfect and already had most of the performance modifications done at a shop down in Florida. I drove it back to Michigan and have enjoyed it on nice summer days. The car drives perfect without a single snag and drives stock for 600whp car.

Had the car re-tuned at Alternative Auto Performance here in Michigan. The car laid down 594/569 on a very conservative tune on 93 octane.

Mods:(will update once home and I can review receipts)
2.3L Whipple polished blower
3" upper
Polished SB Accufab Throttle Body
BBK Polished CAI with new filter
Polished Coil Covers
Canton I/C Resevoir
Canton Coolant Resevoir
Metco (need to double check brand) Idler's
New OEM battery from Ford
Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump 40amp (installed @ Alternative)
60lb Injectors
SCT BA2600 MAF (new)
AFCO dual pass H/E
NGKTR6 plugs
FORE vents
Off-Road H-pipe
Magnaflow CB - polished by me on tailpipes
EGR delete
Tinted Taillights (have OEM's in a box stored indoors)
10.5" 17" Deep dish rep wheels in back
Nitto 555R 315 rear tires
Charcoal inserts on the seats, no cracks anywhere!
Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge
Autometer Boost Gauge
Brushed Aluminum Interior Trim (covers OEM parts)
Billet door handles, AC/fan switches, Cruise buttons, shifter bezel, cup holders etc. (have all OEM parts stored in a box)
New front tires
Shorty antenna
15 or 20% tints on all windows other than windshield
Cut springs, 1 coil up front, 3/4 in the back, all ISO's in place.
Aluminum door sill plates

This car has never been to the track since I have owned it. I am also 99% sure the previous owner never took it to the track either. You could eat off the bottom of this car when I picked it up as he only put 8,000 miles on the car in the 8 years he owned it.

The oil is changed with M1 5W30 every 3-5,000 miles with an M1 filter. Had the coolant system flushed @ Ford last summer as well. The car has never been in the salt and never saw a single snow flake as I stored it in the winter. The car has been in the rain a few times and only because the weather here is impossible to predict. A/C blows ICE cold and every botton works as it should.

No head tick, no smoke at start up!

This is a great car for someone looking for a fast car that was truly not molested by a handful of people. Anybody who knows me will tell you this car is babied. I will add better photo's soon as I am waiting on a friend to make a me a disc from a recent car show we went to. My photo's are all off of my phone, sorry guys.

I am asking $26,000.00 and have the original window sticker (framed) SVT certificate (framed) Dyno sheets, receipts for EVERYTHING! Clean carfax.

The "bad"
-one scuff on entire car, on back side of bumper. Not bad at all but it's the only flaw on the paint. I would give the paint 9.5/10
-One aluminum trim piece on pass door is loose. I would give the interior 9.8/10

Car has 18,XXX miles and will go up a little as I can't resist taking her out after work on nice days.

Car has a lien on the title as it is financed at my local credit union. Due to such, I prefer the buyer to come to Michigan to pick up the car and make the transaction.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum.../929336-out-hibernation-04-cobra-content.html

Text 248.804.7758 for more pictures. Please be a serious buyer with funds ready. You can also PM me for more info.

No trades please :beer:

Last edited:

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
I literally have a few inch thick folder with receipts on this car. I even have the original poster that was given with the car at the original date of purchase. The salesmans card, everything! I am hoping it sells fast because it's going to be hard when it actually happens

BLalande

Established Member
Wow, that's unfortunate about all the issues you had with the car right off the bat. Sounds like the previous owner hardly drove the car, did all the problems arise once you started driving it more frequent? How did you resolve the vacuum leak, misfiring, and the dreaded 'tick noise'? You mentioned a burning smell? Was it eating up belts? Did you find the reason for this? I am very interested in this car if the mechanical issues can be pinpointed and resolved. Could you please send the VIN over. Thanks
Bob

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
Wow, that's unfortunate about all the issues you had with the car right off the bat. Sounds like the previous owner hardly drove the car, did all the problems arise once you started driving it more frequent? How did you resolve the vacuum leak, misfiring, and the dreaded 'tick noise'? You mentioned a burning smell? Was it eating up belts? Did you find the reason for this? I am very interested in this car if the mechanical issues can be pinpointed and resolved. Could you please send the VIN over. Thanks
Bob

The car actually didn't really have any issues. I had it tuned at Alternative and I believe it was a bad MAF making the tune off. I thought it was a vacuum leak and spent the summer replacing each vacuum line and double checking everything. At the start of summer I bought a new MAF and took it back to Lido @ Alternative and had it retuned. The car idles perfectly and the issue has been 100% resolved by replacing the maf/retuning the car.

As for the "tick noise" it is something related to the exhaust. I have not had the time to get it in the air and check the manifold bolts etc, but I have taken a stethoscope to each part of the motor and it is definately not coming from the engine. The engine and car as a whole perform PERFECT. Not a single issue whatsoever. I am OCD and the slightest noise drives me up the wall.

I am going to try to take it to Alternative this weekend to have him comfirm my above note.

Anybody who is serious about getting a truly well taken care of car, buy with confidence. This is has no problems whatsoever, so please, I am not interested in the selling the car for $22,23 or 24,000.00. This is a low mileage pretty well built cobra for a fair price. I am willing to come down a bit but nothing more than $1,000.00.

Thanks to all who have looked! :beer:

ModdedMach

Established Member
Jesus what a car man, im looking for a black cobra but i dont think i can afford one with mods/miles this serious.

Good luck with your sale man. Gorgeous car.

Ordakow

SVT Poster
Established Member
Bump for a super clean and powerful terminator. I've seen this car in person and they don't get much nicer then this. Good luck with the sale !

mbucky16

Established Member
If I could afford a cobra, this will be the winner. U Have a beautiful car OP. Sucks u have to sell it but GLWS

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
Thanks for the kind words, I wish I could keep it as I know it will be impossible to replace. Have to put my big boy pants on and sell it

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
Went to tuners this morning and had him listen to the exhaust noise and even drive it. He said it is 100 percent an exhaust leak, likely where the midpipe meets the manifolds. For those that keep offering low offers thinking the car

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
If it were oxford white I would have bought it by now. Don't get me wrong, black looks awesome on these cars. It's just the hardest color to maintain.

OP, good luck with the sale. I would imagine it will be sold in the next few days.

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
Just a quick update...Took it to Alternative yesterday to have Lidio listen to the noise I posted about a while ago that seems to be brought up in every post/PM. He listened to it as well as drove the car and when he put in 4th at low RPM's he instantly knew it was exhaust. He said it's likely where the midpipe meets the stock manifolds.

I am going to hopefully get some time this week to pull the midpipe and re-install.

Again, I cannot stress enough how perfect this car is. Black is a pain in the butt to keep clean but boy oh boy does it looks AWESOME when it's clean :thumbsup:

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread