2 of our Officers downed yesterday..

Mt Twigbert

Established Member
Two of our newer officers were gunned down yesterday.. The 21 year old had 6 months on the street and took 3 rounds, one to the cheek/jaw that came out his neck, one to his arm and one to his leg.. The 26 year old has about a year on the street and took 2 rounds, one to his left eye (which is lost and caused bone fragments on the brain) and one to the left shoulder..

We got the shooter about an hour later, the remaining ammo and the gun..

My heart goes out to those officers and their family..

We havn't 'lost' an officer since 1996 but we should have lost 2 yesterday.. Just a couple MM either way and it would have been game over..

Officers Gunned Down: Suspect Arrested | Today's TMJ4 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin News, Weather, Sports, WTMJ | Local News

S8ER01Z

Established Member
WOW! I am sorry to hear about this.. my best wishes and thoughts go out for the family and officers.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Wow..thats very unfortunate, and hits close to home as thats what im looking to get into very shortly. Im assuming they are looking at Murder 1, and I hope those guys rot in a cell for the rest of their lives. Best wishes and speedy recovery to the 2 officers!

S8ER01Z

Established Member
This wasn't a LODD from what I was reading...both officers are recovering if I am not mistaken?

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Our chief mentioned it to us yesterday in training.The article states they are expected to survive.God speed to both officers and their families.No need to mention what I wish on the suspect

convert03cobra

Established Member
I hope that SOB gets the death penalty! I'm really sorry to hear about this. My prayers go out to their families.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
Hope for a speedy recovery of the officers!!! As stated above, no need to mention what I am thinking should happen to the shooter since my brother is a Officer!

Is there any idea as to why? Did he just walk up and shoot or where they looking for him?

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
Heard a statement recently.. if people can shoot at a peace officer who is armed and trained to shoot back in defense with deadly force imagine what people can do to every day citizens.. Prayers go out to these officers and there families.

drews01cobra

I fly really low....
Established Member
18 year old with a minor criminal record...good thing this didn't happen out here in CA. The guy would only get a couple of years. Thoughts and prayers to the officers and their families.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Is there any idea as to why? Did he just walk up and shoot or where they looking for him?

I've seen two stories that appear to be talking about the same shooting but sound different... one claims the guy was riding down the street and they were looking for a person of interest so they stopped him. The other story talks about a home invasion and this guy was one of the suspects riding away from the scene.

musclemustang65

NA again
Established Member
You never know whatll happen when you go to work each day. I came upon a suicidal man with a gun in his mouth tuesday night. you never know when that switch will flip and he decides to take you with him. I hope they recover smoothly. An officer just died recently from complications of a leg amputation that happened 15 yrs ago from an on the job incident.

Users who are viewing this thread