2 of 5 1996 Cobra Saleen's

WIRELESS

Were all crazy here....
Established Member

Stangeralf

Established Member
I think 10k - 11k is a good price for one of those saleens. The white looks more well kept but I like the laser red one better, i.m.o.

1slosvt

Established Member
According to Brad Bowling's standard catalog of mustang there were 4 cobra coupes and 7 convertibles. Coupes sold new for $38.9K and verts were $41K. Don't know if that helps. I would expect them to be worth a bit more than regular cobras or saleens. Those are both beautiful cars. I'd go for laser red!!! Be sure to post some pics if you get one! Good luck.

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
If I remember correctly, now its been like a year so bare with me, but I seen one sell on Ebay last year for like $23k and it had more miles then both of those do. Those will go through the roof.

TXRickC

Established Member
HHSSSSS said:
it said it's an automatic, but the picture shows a stick???
Thank eBay for that mistake, they "automatically" have it preset as an auto. Not just Saleens, seen it on Cobra R listings too.

The white one looks like it's taking a hit in the front with the bulge in the bumper cover :eek:

xhailofgunfirex

Established Member
TXSVTLIGHTNING said:
Thank eBay for that mistake, they "automatically" have it preset as an auto. Not just Saleens, seen it on Cobra R listings too.

The white one looks like it's taking a hit in the front with the bulge in the bumper cover :eek:

Ive seen those saleen bumpers do that before, I duno wuts up with that.

pottsy

Established Member
Stangeralf said:
I think 10k - 11k is a good price for one of those saleens.

are you joking? A stock 96 Cobra in good shape would go for 10-11k, one of those rare Saleen should go for quite a bit more...

qkslvr221

Established Member
pottsy said:
are you joking? A stock 96 Cobra in good shape would go for 10-11k, one of those rare Saleen should go for quite a bit more...

More like 8-9k, thats for a coupe with ~50k miles in EXCELLENT condition.

pottsy

Established Member
qkslvr221 said:
More like 8-9k, thats for a coupe with ~50k miles in EXCELLENT condition.

Well it varies, I paid well over 10k for mine with over 50k miles, I guess you get what you pay for you know? Either way 10k for one of those cars is downright hilarious.

2814v

Established Member
Looks to me like they both have the same hood and if you look closely you can see that the red ones bumper is starting to sag just like the white one.I think most of you are being too cheap on a 96 cobra's value. A low mileage clean stock 96 will sell anywhere from $11000 to $15000. Those two will most likely sell in the low to mid twenties.

Fosters

Established Member
64comet said:
Why would anyone want anything that says Saleen on it I will never know. Ricey looking mustangs in my opinion. And the front bumper on the white one looks f-ed up.

agreed...

Users who are viewing this thread