2 Men Die as Ferrari Flips Out of Control, Crashes

SVT_2000Contour

Unloading it in your GF!
Established Member
A man who authorities said may have been an off-duty California Highway Patrol officer and a second man who has not been identified were killed Tuesday in a rollover accident involving a Ferrari, the second high-profile Ferrari crash this year in Los Angeles County.

The accident on Cornell Road in Agoura Hills occurred about 3:15 p.m., when the silver 1993 Ferrari Testarossa spun off the road and flipped, the CHP said.

ADVERTISEMENT
Both victims, believed to be men in their 30s, died at the scene, authorities said.

The Ferrari may have been traveling at high speed when the driver lost control, said Los Angeles County Sheriff's Sgt. Phil Brooks. "It came off the corner and went into the air and hit a pole and rocks before flipping upside down," he said.

Brooks said evidence at the scene indicated that one occupant was an off-duty CHP officer. But CHP officials said late Tuesday that they were awaiting results of fingerprint tests to confirm the victims' identities and declined to say more.

They also declined to name the Ferrari's owner until the victims' identities were confirmed.

The Ferrari was traveling south on the narrow road when the driver apparently lost control and hit a telephone pole, said CHP Public Information Officer Leland Tang.

The pole crashed through the passenger compartment and the car then flipped, flinging a large boulder from its resting place, neighbors said.

The car stopped in a corral owned by actress Morgan Brittany. "I heard a screaming engine coming around the curb, and the next thing I heard was a horrific crash," she said.

In February, the nonfatal crash of a $1-million Ferrari Enzo drew national attention.

Sad :nonono:

03CobraBro

Established Member
That sucks. :nonono: The 92/95 512TR's are just about one of the best looking cars Ferrari ever did too. What a shame.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Sad that two men died.

Sad that people will belittle their deaths by automatically assuming they were being reckless or stupid because they have a sort-of fast, at-one-time expensive car.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Please read the story again Mr. DBK...

The Ferrari may have been traveling at high speed when the driver lost control, said Los Angeles County Sheriff's Sgt. Phil Brooks. "It came off the corner and went into the air and hit a pole and rocks before flipping upside down," he said.

Because we all hit a pole and end up upside down when we obey the speedlimit and other traffic laws.

rust0r

Established Member
DBK said:
Sad that two men died.

Sad that people will belittle their deaths by automatically assuming they were being reckless or stupid because they have a sort-of fast, at-one-time expensive car.

most people would still consider a testarossa an expensive car, they still go for quite a bit, considering they are 10+ years old now

kfrg

Banned
"yooooink!"

Do me a favor next time your out cruising make sure to drive off a cliff jerkoff..

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
rust0r said:
most people would still consider a testarossa an expensive car, they still go for quite a bit, considering they are 10+ years old now

They can, but they can also go for substantially less than what a new Cobra would run you. Or less than a Mustang GT Vert with enough miles.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
ford_racer said:

Because we all hit a pole and end up upside down when we obey the speedlimit and other traffic laws.

I don't need to read it again.

You still know absolutely nothing about the circumstance. He may have been speeding, or he may have lost control on gravel or he may have swerved to miss a squirrel. It's irrelevant whether he was or wasn't speeding right now because it's not fact, and I reserve judgement until told otherwise. Especially when it involves someone dying.

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
DBK said:
I don't need to read it again.

You still know absolutely nothing about the circumstance. He may have been speeding, or he may have lost control on gravel or he may have swerved to miss a squirrel. It's irrelevant whether he was or wasn't speeding right now because it's not fact, and I reserve judgement until told otherwise. Especially when it involves someone dying.

You are right, he MAY have lost control on gravel. He may have swerved to avoid a squirrel. He may have been doing a driveby and swirving to avoid the tank in the middle of the road. But in the article it says he MAY have been travelling at high speeds. Why assume, especially when it's being reported on that they may have been driving too fast? They know more about the story than we do.

oldmodman

Established Member
I drove down that road last Sunday, no gravel.

And a boulder measuring three by four feet was knocked out of the hole it was in and landed fifteen feet down the lawn from where it was sitting. How fast would a car need to go to move a rock that probably weighs two and a half tons fifteen feet?

Plus that area is VERY popular with "performance drivers & motorcyclists" I myself have occasionally gone a mile or two over the limit at that very bend in the road. Very safe at 115mph, rough at 130, insane at 140+

Nick85

Banned
DBK said:
They can, but they can also go for substantially less than what a new Cobra would run you. Or less than a Mustang GT Vert with enough miles.

I wish you were right...but a Testarossa fetches 65-95K. Far more than any Mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread