2 Kills, 1 Night

SBTerminator

Established Member
Last night around 11pm, on my way home on 355 N/B I'm minding my own business when I suddenly see these headlights flying up on me. :shrug: For 2 seconds I thought a Squad, but then I realize it's a HID headlight. I'm doing about 70-75mph. Next thing I know, a newer 911 Turbo flys by and slows down next to me and gives me the nod. I figure sure :coolman:

I drop into 4th gear and we both hit it. He starts pulling on me at first and then I caught up and start leaving him behind me. I let off around 130 and hes behind me. He gets next to me again and starts wants to run again. I comply and this time Im neck and neck with him until he shifts and suddenly hes dropped off a little, then I shift at the top of 4th with the Shift light blinding me into 5th and stay in it. Thank God there was NO traffic !! I look down and at 150 I shut it down. The Porsche is about 2 full car lenghts behind me. I can see he wasn't too happy with his 911 and I'm stoked I just took a 911 down! First time I took the Cobra up that fast. I slow back down to about 75 and keep heading home. The 911 ends up getting off around Ogden ave. :pepper:

Then, getting off on Lake Street, from 290, I get behind a Black Trans Am. Stock pipes, but I can here something.. We both turn onto North Ave and the guy looks over at me and nails it. At this point I'm already in Second Gear, and I spin the tires and pull on him like he just dropped an anchor!!! I let off at 60 and hit the brakes. He gets next to me again and he wants more.

Doing 40, I let him take the hit, drop into 2nd and make him look like he just dropped the anchor again !! We get to Wolf Road and he look over at me and says "that's not a stock blower", I smile and say it sure is. I can hear he's camming and had a stall in it, but nothing on me.

He says cool car, I say thanks, and as the light turns green, we both take off "normal".

2 Kills, 1 Night couldn't ask for more !

ttadriver

Established Member
A very believable story if is was an early 997 turbo. The new 997 turbo is highly underrated and has a zr1 like pull to 150. Good kills nonetheless

Avispa

Established Member
There's something particularly satisfying about giving Porsche owners the blast off. Just bolt on a Whipple (or KB if you prefer) and show all those six-figure rich boy toys your tail lights.

Good job!

ttadriver

Established Member
a zr1 like pull?

I know, I guess porsche was tired of the GT-R comparisons. So they came up with a new direct injection engine, then underrated it.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCw88BNJAPM"]YouTube- Corvette ZR1 vs Porsche 911 Turbo PDK x 2 Races x 2 cameras[/nomedia]

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member

Catfood

Established Member
BS!! Porsches are the best EVAH!!:pepper:

I wonder if the 911 you raced had a sport package. My dad always forgets to press his sport button. Adds a formidable punch to it. Still definitely a believable kill.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can distinguish the new 911s by their taillights right? The new ones have LEDs and the older just normal lights.

Good races and kills btw.

SBTerminator

Established Member
BS!! Porsches are the best EVAH!!:pepper:

I wonder if the 911 you raced had a sport package. My dad always forgets to press his sport button. Adds a formidable punch to it. Still definitely a believable kill.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can distinguish the new 911s by their taillights right? The new ones have LEDs and the older just normal lights.

Good races and kills btw.

Don't know what year it was, but it had HID's in it. Didn't see the back of the car long enough :banana:, so not sure about LED taillights. All I saw was the TURBO in script letters.

Users who are viewing this thread