2 Issues with the pony

4vRedone

Banned
So i need a little help here since im having an intermittent problem with my car thats bugging me

1st one is After i drive my car for a few hours out of no where it just have no power almost like its going to die i have to give it half throttle it acts like a 4 banger.'

Now i know that thats probably fuel or ignition related but its only while driving the car so its hard to put a fuel gauge on it and i have no codes and no mil light while this is happening.

2nd problem
I replaced my throttle body with one off a 99 cobra it didnt come with a tps sensor so i went to the junk yard and got one off a 4.6 thunderbird (same part number as the cobra 1s they go on a wide range of cars) anyways here is where it gets long i installed the 99 cobra throttle body with mine put the tps sensor on the car installed it my car use to hang idle around 1500-2000 rpms thats completely gone now. Now when i push the clutch in while coasting to a stop the car shoots down to like 500 then bounces up and down between 500-1000 rpms (this isnt all the time either) then sometimes shuts down on me. Is there a way to fix this is the tps bad?

bergz22

Established Member
I can't say if the tps is bad or not. Why go to a junkyard to get one? $40 for a motorcraft from rockauto.com. It is hard to say with a used/unknown part on the car. Do you have access to a multimeter, and know how to use one?

Users who are viewing this thread