2 Glorious New Kills

Snake-Eater

Smart Newbie?
Established Member
The Contenders: 99-01 Cobra, 2003+ WRX STI, 2002 WS6

I've hit a drought. A racing drought. It's not that no one wants to race, it's that there isn't anybody to race, period. I've seen a few cars that I'd love to run, including an Anniversary Terminator, but they are always on the wrong side of the road or the conditions are not quite right. The street racing gods apparently have somthing against me. Perhaps it's because I made out with Tireosynus (goddess of traction) that one time we got drunk at Airysines' (god of cold induction) party and Chanceoclus (god of racing opputunities, Tireosynus' boyfriend) is still pissed off at me. Well dude, it's not my fault, you should have been at the party with your woman, Nitrophlus and I made sure to send you an invitation so get over it. That said, on the off chance that I do see someone worthy of racing, I usually make an effort to persuade them into a competition of epic proportions (race).

Last week. 10-11pm.

I'm on I-95 driving home from a horrendous day at work. Imagine the worst day you've ever had at work, and then apply it to me. It probably wasn't much worse, I'm not going to oversell it or anything. So I'm on I-95 going about 75 when I pass a black Mustang and, like I always do, I scan the emblems. There's a snake on the fender. I've never been so happy to see a snake in my life, aside from that time I found my lost pet python in the Everglades, but with none of the sadness of realizing that my beloved pet had erupted after trying to consume a 6 foot crocodilian. This Snake was similar, because it wanted to bite off more than he could chew; he sounded stock. I follow him for a few miles until the road straightens out and opens up, then I made my move. I downshift to 4th at about 80, putting me at a stomach bursting 4k rpms and then swim up along side him. I stayed for a few seconds, not thinking he was going to bite when I hear it.

Silence. (calm before the strike)

*click* (the unhinging of the jaw)

The Snake stomps it with it's mouth agape, I return the attack and thwart his efforts to pull ahead by showing him my doors and then my rear quarter panel. The Snake continues...100mph...110mph....he's struggling to keep up and I'm ferociously clawing at the pavement for ever inch between me and the Serpent when he finally gives and my hindquarters erupt from his belly in a 1 car victory at about 120mph.

Today. 9am.

I'm driving to school this morning and as I'm pulling out from my neighborhood I instantly catch a blue streak in my peripheral vision. It's an STI, and he is giving me the BOV salute. He is weaving in and out of traffic like a scared rabbit while I hang back and observe him from a safe venue. I track him for about 15 minutes before making a move. We're coming to a stoplight, with him slightly ahead. In a sick twist of fate the light turns green and I see the STI's haunches dig down and leap forward in all it's AWD glory. Luckily, I was still coming to a stop and doing about a 5mph roll so I nail it in first and almost instantly reel in my blue prey and devour his insides all the way up to ~60 and a 2-3 car lead before I had to let off because of traffic. After following him a little longer it turned out that we both go to the same school, and not only that, we're in the SAME CLASS. The only thing that bothered me was that he did not want to talk or anything. Well, bothered is an understatement, he blew the closet door off it's hinges so hard that it shattered and sent a melee of rainbow shaped splinters under my skin, causing me to grow even more angry. No hello, no nice run, nothing. Just a quick gathering of belongings and then a tail-between-the-legs march to and from class. Oh well.

:beer:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I can help!

Hey SnakeEater,
I also live in Central Florida. If you need some help in quenching your desire to race, let's hook up at Speed World. My ride is just an old black Cobra vert.
Like you, I have parts ready to install. Maybe we could do a before and an after mod install run. I may be able to give you a challenging race.
Are you game?

Last edited:

phillysrt4

Established Member
That dude is retarded.

If I ever had a chance to lose to a cobra (hey, im realistic) I would at least thumb up. If i was in your class id at least talk shop a little. Why did he have to crack out on you?

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Hey snakeEater, Bring that beast out to the kash n carry on sr.50 in clermont. Im sure there will be plenty of snakes for you to try to eat, mine being one of them and from the sound of your post im ready to get chomped, but what the hell just for fun. Its a good time and there is a good share of f body's so come on out it starts at 8 tuesday night.
PM me if you need directions.

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
Good stories there pal. I am sure the STi kid was just confused about his launch not doing anything for him to grab a lead. Many STi's think they can hang in stock form, until they find out the hard way. I had one, I know how they think. Not all, but many do. Good job getting the runs in. I guess the gods accepted your sacrifice of gas and let you have some fun once again.

Snake-Eater

Smart Newbie?
Established Member
Thanks for the responses guys.

Senkak and cobra2798: I'm about an hour away from both of you, but would definitely meet up some time. I've been meaning to go to Speedworld for some time now to try and get an "almost stock" run in, but it has rained every time. I'll pm the both of you when I do go though. And cobra2798 , is that meet every Tuesday night or is it a one time thing? I may just have to go up there some time, you and I are putting down some pretty close numbers as of now, it would be a good race.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
SnakeEater said:
Thanks for the responses guys.

Senkak and cobra2798: I'm about an hour away from both of you, but would definitely meet up some time. I've been meaning to go to Speedworld for some time now to try and get an "almost stock" run in, but it has rained every time. I'll pm the both of you when I do go though. And cobra2798 , is that meet every Tuesday night or is it a one time thing? I may just have to go up there some time, you and I are putting down some pretty close numbers as of now, it would be a good race.
Yeah man every tuesday night, It keeps getting moved around so ill let you know if we change spots but we got the go ahead from the owner of the property so i think it will stay there. When ever you want to run im up for it. Keep in touch.

PSI87

Banned
Im goin to OSW friday (weather permitting). Id be glad to race you in my Suby. Ill probably loose but I should do quite a bit better than the STi. Where are you at in Central Florida?

TacticalKaos

Established Member
Don't get me wrong, I love muscle cars but I think home boy in the STi was having brain seizures to lose by anything in excessive of a car length in a non-top-speed race. I raced a Camaro SS with SLPs and a K&N from a stop and had we not been getting on the highway he'd have never caught me. Granted, all wheel drive is weak from a roll but had he gotten a decent launch on you I find it hard to believe you'd have caught him at all not to mention 2-3 cars ahead.

*puts flame suit on*

Snake-Eater

Smart Newbie?
Established Member
PSI87 said:
Im goin to OSW friday (weather permitting). Id be glad to race you in my Suby. Ill probably loose but I should do quite a bit better than the STi. Where are you at in Central Florida?
I'm in Rockledge, it's close to Melbourne. I'm about 45 minutes South of Orlando.

Don't get me wrong, I love muscle cars but I think home boy in the STi was having brain seizures to lose by anything in excessive of a car length in a non-top-speed race. I raced a Camaro SS with SLPs and a K&N from a stop and had we not been getting on the highway he'd have never caught me. Granted, all wheel drive is weak from a roll but had he gotten a decent launch on you I find it hard to believe you'd have caught him at all not to mention 2-3 cars ahead
No need for the flame suit, but I did say that I was doing a slight roll which let me hook almost immediately in 1st gear. We were approaching the light with him already stopped and me rolling up to it when it changed.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
SnakeEater said:
No need for the flame suit, but I did say that I was doing a slight roll which let me hook almost immediately in 1st gear. We were approaching the light with him already stopped and me rolling up to it when it changed.

I guess 5 MPH makes a difference. Be careful from a light and arogant from a roll.

Snake-Eater

Smart Newbie?
Established Member
PSI87 said:
So are you up for the run? So far im just racing my friend's M3. Id like to race you and hopefully a cobra too.
If I can make it up there on Friday I would definitely meet up with you. The only problem is that I'll probably have to work. I'll know for sure tomorrow when the new schedule is posted and I will PM everyone who is interested in a run :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread