#2 cylinder filling with fuel

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
just finished installing a turbo kit on my 1994 cobra and for some reason the #2 cylinder gets loaded with fuel and the motor hydrolocks. i have a 255lph pump, adjustable reg set at 40psi, 42 lb. injectors, and pmass blow thru mass air. any suggestions? also what fuel pressure and timing should i run just so i can drive it to the shop. thanks.

Ironhand

Banned
Youll need a start up tune if you switched injectors from stock. Some cars wont even start depending on how big the injector difference is.

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you're filling one cylinder with fuel I'd guess the injector is sticking open. Is there a place around you that can test them? Or you can switch it to another cylinder and see if the problem follows.

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
Exactly. I did it today with a noid light, quick probe, and stethescope and found that the #2 injector is junk. It's getting the signal properly but its stuck open.

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
If you pull the fuel rail off, and and cycle the key with the injectors still in the rail...put a cup under each injector. See how many of them are leaking. It's insurance for your motor to check them all now.

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
If you pull the fuel rail off, and and cycle the key with the injectors still in the rail...put a cup under each injector. See how many of them are leaking. It's insurance for your motor to check them all now.

good idea! i already shipped out my old injector and when i get the new one in the mail i will try it. never even thought of doing it that way. much better to do it now while the intake is off.

Users who are viewing this thread