" 2 bucket system Or Grit Guard ?

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Im not a big fan of the 2 bucket system becasue i hate to walk back and fourth/moving the buckets. Anyone tried the Grit Guard. I heard it is really good and versatile with the dolly.

Im in love with this set. but Dame 50$ is alot.

CaddyGritSM.jpg

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
i just leave my buckets on one place and do a panel at a time. even in the heat i have no problems.

NXGHOST

Established Member
The grit guard works fine and its only $10 without the fancy wheels. Use the universal unit and any 5 galon bucket.

Scott P

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
I wonder if scott sells grit guard, wash buckets. last i hard. he wasn't intrested in the grit guard.

Nope, don't sell it and don't really plan on it. I only like to carry products that I use or would use. The Grit Guard does not fit those standards. I just don't see its purpose.

The Grit Guard will not magically pull dirt that is suspended in the water to the bottom of the bucket. All it does do is keep your mitt from touching the bottom of the bucket. I neve dunk my mitt all the way to the bottom nor do I think it actually sinks that far when I do leave it in there.

I still like the two bucket method since it rinses the mitt of dirt and leaves the wash water relatively clean.

I'm not telling people to not buy the Grit Guard. I'm just saying that I'm not going to buy one or carry it. I see a lot of the detailing supply companies do carry it, so there may be somthing to it. I just don't see it.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
so. if people dont sink that far. why would you want the two bucket system. I have been using a 2.5 Gallon bucket and carry it on my right hand and on my left hand i use the Mitt/sponge. i do the botom of the car last. I figured the gritguard is there to rub the mitt on it and to remove a little dirt. But i really see it been usefull. I was just looking for a place where i can buy that set for under 50$

I mean its just a bucket. :rolling: Adam is really expensive this time, :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread