2.9L & the 2013?

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
Guys, has anyone put a whipple 2.9L twin screw on their 2013 yet? I am thinking about ordering a 2014 but want to keep my 2.9L...essentially swap it over. What I don't know is if this is a direct bolt on--all evidence points towards yes but I was hoping someone slapped one on already.

The other option is too just keep my 07'...and order another 2.9 :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hourigan218

Established Member
I have a 13 and have been contemplating the same thing. There is another thread about a 2.8 kenne bell and had good results but don't know if the whipple is a direct swap and if it will have to be retuned. Shelby PP the whipple and even say GT500 on them.

drmustang

Banned
Guys, has anyone put a whipple 2.9L twin screw on their 2013 yet? I am thinking about ordering a 2014 but want to keep my 2.9L...essentially swap it over. What I don't know is if this is a direct bolt on--all evidence points towards yes but I was hoping someone slapped one on already.

Your '07 sounds like a beast for sure. Another GT500 would be nice but essentially the same as you already have with some updating and an ugly back end. Why not keep the '07 and get a C7 next year, that is going to be one seriously awesome package.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Dumb post is dumb. The '13 is the best iteration of the GT500 since it's reintroduction.

Your '07 sounds like a beast for sure. Another GT500 would be nice but essentially the same as you already have with some updating and an ugly back end. Why not keep the '07 and get a C7 next year, that is going to be one seriously awesome package.

willfong

Established Member
I agree with Sonic. The 2013 drives/handles better than the 2007 and that is even before the increase in engine size and power output.
I personally believe the styling of the newer Mustangs (2010+) are smoother and more modern than the previous as well.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member

I was thinking the same thing. Keeping my 2.9 and T/F wheels for the 14 :burnout:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I agree with Sonic. The 2013 drives/handles better than the 2007 and that is even before the increase in engine size and power output.
I personally believe the styling of the newer Mustangs (2010+) are smoother and more modern than the previous as well.

100% true.

But anyone that hasn't driven both wouldn't be able to tell you that.

Users who are viewing this thread