2.9L E85 Whipple

Vnmous1_04

InFamous Racing
Established Member
So I made my mind up on a 2.9 Whipple E85 build...I want to do a stock long block with supporting fuel mods and headers through an automatic(Suggestions for that here http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/driveline-216/882595-auto-trans.html#post12258050) . It isn't daily driven so it will be on a race E85 tune just to be specific.

I want to do a return style fuel system and wanted opinions on what do go with...I was leaning towards Division X but I'm open to other products if people have had good success with them. What size injectors would be ideal?

I wanted long tube headers but I'm debating on the size and coating and pretty much all the specifics.

Any ideas or opinions would be awesome...thanks guys! :rockon:

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
4R100 for the automatic trans.

Fore Innovations for the fuel system.

105lb injectors.

ARH 1 3/4 x 3in collectors for headers.

Vnmous1_04

InFamous Racing
Established Member
Fore is the only way for fuel, and ARH for the headers. You are doing basically a copy of what my long term plan is aside from me keeping the 6spd.

Yeah I will end up going with FORE anyone have details on whether to use 2-3 pumps and which ones? the line size to the front...as for headers I like ARH and Kooks but will probably go Kooks because I will be doing a custom X-Pipe

Ironhand

Banned
Yeah I will end up going with FORE anyone have details on whether to use 2-3 pumps and which ones? the line size to the front...as for headers I like ARH and Kooks but will probably go Kooks because I will be doing a custom X-Pipe

I would do the twin 405s since they are rated at 405 in E85. Twin 405s will give you alittle more fuel and easier to wire then 3 255s.

I would do a -10 feed with a -8 return. Rails, and the F2 regulator that has a boost reference port. Couple that with 105lbers and you will have more then enough fuel to do whatever you want.

As far as the 4R100 goes. Its the same thing as in the lightnings, V10s, and diesels. Although not all 4R100s are the same. You have to make sure you get the V10 or Lightning version since they have the upgraded planetary set etc like in the disels.(Diesel version has a different bell housing and you want a NON-PTO version) You would need to make/modify a trans mount. Adjust your driveshaft and run a trans controller. I consider it easier then trying to switch harnesses to a Auto Mach 1 etc and it allows you to keep everything where it is and you get to keep your IAT2 sensor.

Vnmous1_04

InFamous Racing
Established Member
I would do the twin 405s since they are rated at 405 in E85. Twin 405s will give you alittle more fuel and easier to wire then 3 255s.

I would do a -10 feed with a -8 return. Rails, and the F2 regulator that has a boost reference port. Couple that with 105lbers and you will have more then enough fuel to do whatever you want.

As far as the 4R100 goes. Its the same thing as in the lightnings, V10s, and diesels. Although not all 4R100s are the same. You have to make sure you get the V10 or Lightning version since they have the upgraded planetary set etc like in the disels.(Diesel version has a different bell housing and you want a NON-PTO version) You would need to make/modify a trans mount. Adjust your driveshaft and run a trans controller. I consider it easier then trying to switch harnesses to a Auto Mach 1 etc and it allows you to keep everything where it is and you get to keep your IAT2 sensor.

Yeah that fuel line setup seems on point! Because I don't want to cut it close and in case I ever go bigger anything I'll be set maybe with a few adjustments...I was thinking of a heavy duty trans but I want something I can do highway pulls...so I'm stuck on TH400 with a Gear Vendors

Ironhand

Banned
Yeah that fuel line setup seems on point! Because I don't want to cut it close and in case I ever go bigger anything I'll be set maybe with a few adjustments...I was thinking of a heavy duty trans but I want something I can do highway pulls...so I'm stuck on TH400 with a Gear Vendors

A 4R100 takes diesel torque and you can drive it on the street. Hell depending on where you go it may end up being cheaper.

Vnmous1_04

InFamous Racing
Established Member
A 4R100 takes diesel torque and you can drive it on the street. Hell depending on where you go it may end up being cheaper.

Hmmm have got to look into it because I want a trans that will be good at the track and in case I'm on the freeway and someone is curious haha I want to be able to step on it without worrying about it taking a shit while doing a pull like the other OD transmissions

Ironhand

Banned
Hmmm have got to look into it because I want a trans that will be good at the track and in case I'm on the freeway and someone is curious haha I want to be able to step on it without worrying about it taking a shit while doing a pull like the other OD transmissions

These would be the guys to go to for a built 4R100.
Brians Truck Shop

whitemachine

Established Member
im doing similiar build but with my current 2.3l i went with the lethal 1400hp return kit and ID1000 injectors and gonna run a built 4r70w looking for prob 620-650hp on blower through the auto and 720+ on the bottle not a daily either its gonna be mainly a weekend and track car tuned on E85 should be finished end of november cause i dont get back to the states till october

Vnmous1_04

InFamous Racing
Established Member
im doing similiar build but with my current 2.3l i went with the lethal 1400hp return kit and ID1000 injectors and gonna run a built 4r70w looking for prob 620-650hp on blower through the auto and 720+ on the bottle not a daily either its gonna be mainly a weekend and track car tuned on E85 should be finished end of november cause i dont get back to the states till october

Yeah I just retired my car from daily driving and now gutting and taking everything that won't be necessary off and moving forward with this...I can't wait but all the work that is going to go into it is going to take some time!

Users who are viewing this thread