2.93, the cheap way...

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: 2.93, the cheap way...

Originally posted by WYD_TRKR
NetworkingGuru , for what it's worth, the stock Supercharger Belt for all 03 Cobra's is a 4080755 Motorcraft Belt. We us the better belts, as the Goodyear Gatorback Poly-V design has a tensil strength of 4 times more stronger than any other belt made today. The Gatorback's are Pre=Stretched from the factory, as 99.9% of all Dayco, Gates and Motorcraft belts stretch within the first 500 miles on any and all Supercharged Engine from the factory. Hope this helps , as "Nothing" beats a Gatorback designed belt.

I know that the stock belt is supposed to be 75.5, but the measurement doesn't lie :shrug: I'll go back out tonight and see if there is a part # on the belt; Maybe they put on the wrong one stock? BTW, I had 1800 miles when I did the change.

03DOHC

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: 2.93, the cheap way...

Originally posted by NetworkingGuru
I know that the stock belt is supposed to be 75.5, but the measurement doesn't lie :shrug: I'll go back out tonight and see if there is a part # on the belt; Maybe they put on the wrong one stock? BTW, I had 1800 miles when I did the change.
You measured you stock belt that had 1800 miles on it? I wonder if it contracts some when you remove the tension?

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2.93, the cheap way...

Originally posted by 03DOHC
You measured you stock belt that had 1800 miles on it? I wonder if it contracts some when you remove the tension?

Hmmm...Never really thought about that. Don't know, but I'll double check the part #'s tonight....

FlashSVT

Established Member
Oh, and for those that are interested, pulleyboys claims a new puller/pulley for our cars soon, see
I've tested the prototype. I also have the ASP puller. There is no way I'd even think about using the ASP puller now.

Brian from PulleyBoys should have it available soon to the public.

n0xlf

Established Member
An email I just received from Johnny Lightning Performance:

yes we now have the 1st! puller/pulley combo! on the market that works! You can remove your *stock* pulley and install our *new* JLP Pullies under 10 mins!. the combo sells for $165.00 (your choose of a 2.9 or 2.8 pulley) and the puller can be used over&over with damaging the pulley! Give us a call to order.....

Looks like the way to go...

n0xlf

Established Member
Well, I posted pics of the JL puller/pulley, but it got deleted.. I won't say anything more about it, but that's kind of a shame that the forum is *THAT* biased towards their supporters...

I don't even know the JL guys, let alone endorse their product (I don't even have it)...Just thought I'd show a new product to people that looked good...

Anyway, I understand that money talks and that the forum has to run off of some sort of funding, and certainly the funders don't want to be paying for competitor "advertising"...

I leave it at that, with a smile :p

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by WYD_TRKR
The 2.80" Press-On is a favorite and good selling pulley, verses the cost of our DUB unit, however, for those who want the Versatility of being able to change pulleys at the track etc. this is why we have asigned the sizes that are available , for different boost levels our customers want to experiment with.

Hope this helps.
Yes, it kinda helps. Thanks. I'd like to see you carry a selection of pressed-on FIXED pulleys in various sizes. This is what I'm looking for and I hope we can do business in the future on these products.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread