dohc32v

Established Member
did a search put could not find anything. do i need to change my spark plugs
if i go with a 2.93 pulley? i have a 04 cobra cai/exhaust.any help would be
appreciated. thanks

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Yep, it's a good idea to get a colder plug gapped a little tighter than stock. NGK TR6s at .035 is what I would suggest.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
dohc32v said:
thanks appreciate the help. :thumbsup:

Hey DOHC32v - did you get the pluga already? I checked crappy tire and they don't have them. I am also planning on a 2.93 over the winter.

frankin

Established Member
dohc32v said:
did a search put could not find anything. do i need to change my spark plugs
if i go with a 2.93 pulley? i have a 04 cobra cai/exhaust.any help would be
appreciated. thanks

I would also go with a tune and bigger heat exchanger.

dohc32v

Established Member
SVTkel said:
Hey DOHC32v - did you get the pluga already? I checked crappy tire and they don't have them. I am also planning on a 2.93 over the winter.

No I didn't get the plugs yet, I'm deciding whether or not to go with a 2.76 or 2.93 pulley. I would like to keep it looking stock but I would like to get as much power as possible.:??:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
dohc32v said:
No I didn't get the plugs yet, I'm deciding whether or not to go with a 2.76 or 2.93 pulley. I would like to keep it looking stock but I would like to get as much power as possible.:??:

My thoughts exactly. However I am getting a 2.93. Most would say to get a 4lb lower with the 2.93 pulley. However, at that point the supporting mods start to add up in a hurry.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
an upper pulley alone (2.76 or 2.93) is good for mid to high 11's at around 120 if you know how to drive

half the people here have way more power than they know what to do with...

Last edited:

dohc32v

Established Member
SVTkel said:
My thoughts exactly. However I am getting a 2.93. Most would say to get a 4lb lower with the 2.93 pulley. However, at that point the supporting mods start to add up in a hurry.

yea i don't think i will ever do a lower. most i will do is a upper and x or h pipe
thats it and work on my driving skills. :lol1:

dohc32v

Established Member
JB said:
an upper pulley alone (2.76 or 2.93) is good for mid to high 11's at around 120 if you know how to drive

half the people here have way more power than they know what to do with...

from what i see and read your right. that's why i will try and get the most of
what i have now. driving skills:poke: :beer:

Johnny Vig

Addicted to Power!
Established Member
dohc32v said:

Get the 2.76 pulley, some ngk spark plugs, a good tune, and an irs brace from Billetflow and you are good to go. Don't forget to get the 100mm snub idler from billetflow too. These changes will turn your car into an animal. See my sig for more details. Good luck.

ViciousJay

Established Member
sambandit said:
Yep, it's a good idea to get a colder plug gapped a little tighter than stock. NGK TR6s at .035 is what I would suggest.

sam... im curious why you guys gap them around .035 and not like .032 or .030? doesnt more spark = more of a lean condition?

dohc32v

Established Member
Johnny Vig said:
Get the 2.76 pulley, some ngk spark plugs, a good tune, and an irs brace from Billetflow and you are good to go. Don't forget to get the 100mm snub idler from billetflow too. These changes will turn your car into an animal. See my sig for more details. Good luck.

already have the IRS brace.just cant decide between a 2.93 or a 2.76pulley?

maybe i will go with a 2.80pulley:shrug: thanks for the advice.:thumbsup:

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
eighter way you go buy a quality pulley preferably a two piece design then it's just a matter of unbolting one and swapping it out ( great for the track)and a snub idler so as not to get belt slip.
once you install the pulley stay out of the boost till you get a tune.

frankin

Established Member
icu812 said:
eighter way you go buy a quality pulley preferably a two piece design then it's just a matter of unbolting one and swapping it out ( great for the track)and a snub idler so as not to get belt slip.
once you install the pulley stay out of the boost till you get a tune.

Don't you think he needs a bigger heat exchanger. Things get real hot with the smaller pulley. If it was mentioned above sorry if I missed it.

Users who are viewing this thread