2.93 non slip pulley with 4 idler setups - come on it!!

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
I have the billetflow setup 2.93 w/4 idlers .... what belt did you use? The one from his site?
With 4-piece Idler Set (3-100mm and 1-90mm)

Pulley Size....Belt Size........Gates Part No......Gatorback Part No.
2.93..............75.1"................K080751...............4080750

I am getting a bit of belt dust on my pulleys (in between .. like on the spokes) .. anyone else see this? Do you think I need a smaller belt? I got the Gates ..

thanks,
Crowley

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How easy/hard was the belt to install? Very easy? Very tight? If very tight, that is an indicator that the belt is a bit short. Check your tensioner adjuster and see if it is about in the middle of the range. And a dyno printout will do much more to show you if you're seeing any belt slippage at high RPMs. My belt table shows the following size for your application.

P.S. - A bit of dust is normal. New belts produce more dust.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
CobraBob said:
How easy/hard was the belt to install? Very easy? Very tight? If very tight, that is an indicator that the belt is a bit short. Check your tensioner adjuster and see if it is about in the middle of the range. And a dyno printout will do much more to show you if you're seeing any belt slippage at high RPMs. My belt table shows the following size for your application.

P.S. - A bit of dust is normal. New belts produce more dust.

Thanks .... the dyno is in my signature if you want to take a look and let me know what you think ..

Crowley

spree

Established Member
Yeah I used a Napa/Gates 750 as well. I have a 2.93 w/ 4 idlers on the new idler setup. The belt fitted on real tight, but Doug said it was a perfect fit since the indicator on the tensioner showed that it was good. I haven't noticed any dust from the belt yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread