2.93/4# setup...

Highlife22

Established Member
Finally going through with the pullies and needed some advice. I'm getting the diablosport predator, the 2.93 upper and 4# lower.

-Should I get the car dyno tuned?
-I have a AFCO HE, do I need to invest in any other cooling mods?
-Should I go with the 4 pulley idler kit?
-Do I need new spark plugs? If so what do you go with?
-Any other mods I need?

Any input would be great, thanks.

MTI LS1

Bigger radiator is a waste of time unless you are running open track alot. You will need a new custom tune and spark plugs. Definately would recommend getting the 4 idler pulleys. They are worth it to buy once.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I've been running this setup for a year now and have really enjoyed it. You will need some type of competent tune, whether it's datalogged based or dyno based. I pegged my MAF w/ this setup and went with a Mafxtender, so you'll need to probably upgrade your MAF functioning as well. You can get a bigger MAF or upgrade your current setup like I did.

I ran stock idlers for 8 months with no problems at all, but decided to go with replacement idlers as insurance against the factory idlers grenading on me, which can happen. Have not used an auxilliary idler, but most do with this setup.

Heat exchanger should be sufficient for cooling, but if/when you need to change your clutch, I'd invest in the LDC cooling mod to get more coolant circulation to the number 7 and 8 cylinders.

I've been running the NGK TR6's for 21,000 miles now with very good success and this is probably the most popular plug for this setup although some folks go with the 7's, Denso 22's, or autolite 103's.

You will probably not need to upgrade your fuel system at this point, but if you go with a port, you will almost assuredly need to upgrade with a BAP. This pulley setup is great on it's own IMO, but I'm considering a port this winter to complement it.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
IronTerp said:
I've been running this setup for a year now and have really enjoyed it. You will need some type of competent tune, whether it's datalogged based or dyno based. I pegged my MAF w/ this setup and went with a Mafxtender, so you'll need to probably upgrade your MAF functioning as well. You can get a bigger MAF or upgrade your current setup like I did.

I ran stock idlers for 8 months with no problems at all, but decided to go with replacement idlers as insurance against the factory idlers grenading on me, which can happen. Have not used an auxilliary idler, but most do with this setup.

Heat exchanger should be sufficient for cooling, but if/when you need to change your clutch, I'd invest in the LDC cooling mod to get more coolant circulation to the number 7 and 8 cylinders.

I've been running the NGK TR6's for 21,000 miles now with very good success and this is probably the most popular plug for this setup although some folks go with the 7's, Denso 22's, or autolite 103's.

You will probably not need to upgrade your fuel system at this point, but if you go with a port, you will almost assuredly need to upgrade with a BAP. This pulley setup is great on it's own IMO, but I'm considering a port this winter to complement it.
well put Dwight :thumbsup:

sedanman

Established Member
I am about to put a 4# lower on aswell, what size belt would I need with stock alt. pulley and stock idlers but a aux. UPR 90mm idler? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread