2.9 whipple with complete 10 rib set up (minus ATI Damper) for trade o rsale

olaosunt

Established Member
I now have a snake bite TVS(1.3 drive) that made 800 rwhp with a 5 % lower and 75 mm 8 rib pulley@18 psi.

I now run a 15 % lower and see 20 psi

The whipple made similar power at the same same boost(18) on a lower compression engine but much less torque.

I am sure it would make more at the same boost on a higher compression but probably still less torque.

see above dyno graphs.

Main reason for the "down grade" was my fear of the same thing happening again with the crank since the 10 rib set up for the whipple uses the outer belt(vs inner belt on the TVS) which puts more pressure on the crank.

I am sure hitting the rev limiter with the manual made matters worse and it would probably fine on an auto.

I am planing an auto swap(already have a full built one with converter) in the future but want to try a few more times getting into the 9 's banging gears.

I thought of keeping the whipple as a "spare" blower or upgrading after the auto swap...but would rather have the funds now.

The TVS makes plenty of power for me now as it stands and I like the increased torque especially on the street.

if I ever want more since the TVS is likely maxed out-( may be I could get more with a Gen II case but already had the blower ported with the snake bite drive) or the TVS "dies" from me over spinning, I will go to a TT set up which probably has more power potential than the 2.9 whipple

Last edited:

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the info. I currently have a roush tvs and am looking at either a vmp or whipple as an up grade for more power. I am auto now on a 5.0 car.

Users who are viewing this thread