2.9 Whipple pulley question

ARBOC1

Established Member
I have aq 2.9 whipple crusher im installing next week. It has the 3.5 pulley on it. My question is what size of pulley do I use to make 17-19lbs of boost or will the 3.5 be good enough?

I have the lethal 1000hp fuel kit
80lb injectors
mcleod rxt clutch
off road h pipe
bassani cat back
clutch quadrant
firewall adjuster

jblood37

Established Member
Pretty sure that info is on their site, but if not call them. And you need to know what size lower you have. The other info you gave is not needed.

stangfreak

Established Member
the 3.5 will make 18lbs of boost with the stock lower. crusher it will be more. 17lbs? really? come on lol just stick with the eaton or get a tvs

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
gotcha. 91 octane with a 2.9 crusher. You can run it but your under spinning that blower and with only 91 octane with a big blower, im sure your timing is going to be low. The car may feel less violent down low. 2.9 crusher is meant to be ran way over20lbs. and actually on the 2.9 sthe crusher really doesnt show any gains like the 3.4 does. I have seen many 2.9 install the crusher and gain nothing. 91 octane with 17lbs I would have picked a different blower. But thats just me. I would have went with a tvs 2.3, 2.2 kb, etc. 2.3 tvs would have been ideal.

Not sure how huge blowers work in low boost situations but back in the day ported eaton cobras were keeping up with low boosted twinscrews. 19lbs or more you need. Then the real big blowers you need more. Just some advice. Nothing else. post up the results and good luck.

muttley

-Neal-
Established Member
You can buy 5 gallon Torco from Lethal and add every fillup. Leave the 3.5 upper/stock lower on there and run around 19-20 lbs of boost. I run a caged 2lb lower/3.5 upper and boost is around 20.8 with LT's (on the dyno).. just giving you ideas. Have run the setup for a few years and no issues.. I dont have the crusher though.

jblood37

Established Member
Fuel issues...Only have 91 octane where I'm from.

I think I have came up with the perfect solution. I have a 2.9 non crusher whipple with almost no miles on it. I say we either trade entire blowers or trade the non crusher portion for the crusher. I have a billetflow tb and some other odds and ends that can go with it. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread