2.9 Whipple install?

jon henry

Established Member
O.K. got her all bolted up and dropped in but now have a few? Before I torque down the lower intake mani. First? The line under the Lower intake you hook up as dropping in, Where does it come out in the back? Just making sure I did not smash it. Next bypass valve lines? The 2.9 comes with it own Bypass Valve and there are no nipples to plus any lines in? 3 Any EGR tricks to get that tube lined up with out unbolting the lower bolt on exaust? It is QUITE far away from lining up right now to the whipple... ANybody with any help?

Jon

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Im going to suggest eliminating the EGR...but i dont know if you can or want to...it makes install a PITA...mine is deleted and we have emissions testing here in CT and i passed with flying colors. If you need to line it up better, start threading the inboard bolt first so it can pivot on that 1 bolt for now...next connect the PCV pipe fitting while pressing downward, once its started...STOP...then get the outboard bolt started before totally securing the pipe fitting.... Now...the hose that comes from the lower intake goes to your PCV system...one connection goes to the blower and the other goes to the tube on passengerside valve cover. The vaccum lines will be different for you as well because i have alot of EGR stuff gone from mine...if its not used...block it off...simple as that. Oh and use zip-ty's to hold all your vaccum connections on the back of the blower...they can sometimes pop off under hard acceleration...hope that helps.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread