2.9 Whipple BVES valve relocation

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
I recently purchased a used 2.9 kit for my 2011 and noticed that I have a piece missing (the person that I purchased from has been very helpful so far, but he works alot of crazy hours and hasn't had a chance to respond to me yet). It's the harness extension that goes from the BVES valve that was on the stock blower inlet to the relocated area of the drivers side head. I've read many install threads and the Whipple instructions, the instructions mention having to cut and extend the existing wiring while others have said that their kits came with an extension that just plugged in at both ends. I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction as to where I could buy one before I call Whipple or Ford Racing. If pics would help with understanding I'll be happy to post some. Thanks! :beer:

TORQJNKY

I can't remember if mine came with a pre made harness extender or not. The install instructions on American Muscle say: "Lengthen the harness for the BVES valve with provided green & white wire. Cut solder & heatshrink the splices then cover with conduit."

Just lengthen the wires and save yourself some time and money.

Your talking about the two wire harness that goes to this guy:

IMAG1108.jpg

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
I just contacted Whipple and they have what I need, it's called a evap extension harness and they have them in stock for $25 plus shipping. Just figured I'd share in case anyone else ever had the same issue. I must say that Whipple has some of the best customer service! :beer:

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Glad they hooked you up and sorry I couldn't. My advice was to contact Ford Racing, but going to Whipple was a good idea.

You're going to love that Whipple!

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
Glad they hooked you up and sorry I couldn't. My advice was to contact Ford Racing, but going to Whipple was a good idea.

You're going to love that Whipple!

You're "how to" has helped me ALOT! I'm sure I'll have more questions lol.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I've installed two and didn't know that. Will take a look next time because I always cut solder and heat shrink. First one I did with lower on and second I installed before the blower install

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Good read. The proper part from whipple sounds better than having to modify the stock harness

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
The installation instructions for that blower kit show the harness in step 61 on page 20 of 35.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-6066-MSVT29C.pdf

If they now include or offer a plug and play extension harness I've yet to see a photo of it.

You sir are correct, my instructions say to cut and lengthen the existing plug. I did a lot of reading on installs and saw where some guys said their kit came with an extension so that's why I called to ask.

bpodner

My work car!
Established Member
I think some of the confusion comes from where your kit originally came from. Mine came from Whipple via Lethal and did have an extended harness. Can't remember if it was with the supercharger (drop shipped from Whipple) or the remainder of the kit that came from Lethal.

Also.. check all the blower bolts!!!! I was finishing up my header install, connecting the EGR tube, and noticed a little bit of oil on the rear of my engine. While loosening up the upper EGR connection I found the 2 bolts on the passenger side rear of the blower had backed out, the bottom wasn't even finger tight!

Users who are viewing this thread