2.9 whiple gtshelby500 on a 5.0 gt

bob450

Established Member
do you think it is possible to fit 2.9 whiple gtshelby500 on a 5.0 gt?
any idea witch part is good and not?
thank:banana:

87hatchy

Established Member
Im not sure I fully understand the way you have it worded, but I think you are talking about putting a factory GT500 blower on a 5.0...

it can probably be done if you are able to fab up an adapter plate. I don't know for sure but I am willing to bet that the width between cylinder heads is different on both motors and the intake openings do not line up. Probably more trouble than its worth. Save up for an FRPP whipple made specifically for the new 5.0

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
why dont you just buy a WHIPPLE kit that is designed to be used on the 5.0 motors.

BryanW

Established Member
Hey bob- seems there is a kit to fit the 5.4 blower on a 4.6 so I don't see why in the near future why you can't fit a eaton from the gt500 on the 5.0. Even better the 2013 gets the tvs2300 so now they will be plentiful.

Making the adapter plate and using factory parts could save some money but most of us want one NOW

bob450

Established Member
michael from whipple respond to my e-mail

No. The intakes are different as well where the pulleys line up.

thank for reply:-D

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
The Whipple 2.9 blower designed for the 5.0 is the same blower as the one for the 5.4. Just a different bottom plate, snout, pully, etc.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Whipple will have a 2.9 with crusher inlet and 10 rib assembly in the near future. Weather it's directly from whipple or from FRPP is up in the air. FRPP will be offering the front drive system and ATI dampner soon as well. It's the 2013 Cobra Jet set-up. Fits under the stock GT hood.

BryanW

Established Member
The Whipple 2.9 blower designed for the 5.0 is the same blower as the one for the 5.4. Just a different bottom plate, snout, pully, etc.

So say in a few years, a 2013 gt500 blower comes up for sale. It's a tvs2300 it's the same blower that fits the 5.0.
If a guy could come up with a lower blower intake, then we could start using ford take off parts for the new 5.0?

Just thinking what it will be like ina few years

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
So say in a few years, a 2013 gt500 blower comes up for sale. It's a tvs2300 it's the same blower that fits the 5.0.
If a guy could come up with a lower blower intake, then we could start using ford take off parts for the new 5.0?

You would have to come up with an intake manifold to fit the TVS to the 5.0. The current blowers off the GT500 and the manifold from the FRPP/Roush kits are not compatible, as 4 of the 10 bolt holes are misaligned. Also, the FRPP/Roush manifolds are not available for sale seperately.

SicShelby09

Banned

This was the same thought about the standard GT500 07-09 blower. One guy over at modular fords transplanted it on his 03/04 cobra and it turns out its almost as expensive as getting an aftermarket TS or TVS made for the terminator. Bottom line, there are so many other blowers out there made for our cars, why waste your time and money trying to fab one up from a blower from another car. When I first read your original post, I was scratching my head. FRPP already has the whipple available for our cars.....

BryanW

Established Member
This was the same thought about the standard GT500 07-09 blower. One guy over at modular fords transplanted it on his 03/04 cobra and it turns out its almost as expensive as getting an aftermarket TS or TVS made for the terminator. Bottom line, there are so many other blowers out there made for our cars, why waste your time and money trying to fab one up from a blower from another car. When I first read your original post, I was scratching my head. FRPP already has the whipple available for our cars.....

Yeah i know what blowers are available for our cars, and i would figure someone is crazy enough to build a lower manifold to fit the 5.0

Seems like there is going to be alot of tvs2300's taken off the new gt500's to upgrade?? Just thinking out loud.:beer:

F8L SN8K

Established Member
The FRPP 2300 is already cheap as is. I don't think there is going to be a sudden flood gate of TVS 2013 blowers open up. In fact I would guess quite the opposite. I would see less blower swaps because the TVS can support over 700rwhp and for a large majority of the GT500 crowd that will satisfy them. There wasn't an abundance of M122s up for sale and it's no where near the same capabilties of the TVS. With the M122 you can port, upgrade to TVS for 2700-3500$(depending on supporting mods) or go twin screw that's $6k. With the TVS there is one upgrade and 6k is a large step for the returns. Just my opinion I don't see the market tha everyone is expecting from these new cars getting blower swaps. Not saying it won't be available just not an abundance. There will be more TVS then before because of less people upgraded to a TVS then again to a TS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread