2.9 on e85

Termilvr

Established Member
couple of questions....
will the stock motor/trans with a 26 spline hold the power of a 2.9 on e85
what will it make 700-750?
will 80lb injectors be enough with either a triple hat setup or a sumped tank
will a spec stage 3+ hold the power? if not what is a good street manner clutch for this power level?

If i did this setup i would add headers to the supporting mods i already have.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
couple of questions....
will the stock motor/trans with a 26 spline hold the power of a 2.9 on e85
Yes.

what will it make 700-750?
Should depending on boost, timing, and tune.

will 80lb injectors be enough with either a triple hat setup or a sumped tank
Yes.

will a spec stage 3+ hold the power? if not what is a good street manner clutch for this power level?
Possibly, but I would go with a twin disc myself. The McLeod RXT is a great set up for the street!

emerica4601

KCCO!
Established Member
You're going to need bigger injectors than 80's for that blower and fuel setup. You'd be pushing their limits in duty cycle.

I.E. I have a 3.4L with triple walbros in tank, return fuel, and 105lb/hr injectors.

Silver03Termi

Established Member
i have a very similar build to you, only with a 2.3L. the spec 3+ is holding just fine. Adding headers is a good idea because it will lower the boost, put less strain on the motor, and add h.p.! good luck with build. when you run triple pumps, do you have to use 3 fpdm's??

Termilvr

Established Member
i have a very similar build to you, only with a 2.3L. the spec 3+ is holding just fine. Adding headers is a good idea because it will lower the boost, put less strain on the motor, and add h.p.! good luck with build. when you run triple pumps, do you have to use 3 fpdm's??

you will have to run 3 fpdm's if you keep the system returnless, but if you go return you dont need any fpdm's

Users who are viewing this thread