2.8's on, 100mm idlers on, and plugs are in

Shanezam203

Established Member
Hey everybody just wanted to say Hello. Sunday I set aside a little time for doing some installs. I had a 2.93 on the car for about a month or two, then I got a custom tune, and I wanted to get more boost. So I ordered a 2.8 and an idler. I did the plugs, the pulley and the idler all in about an hour and a half. I must say it was one of the easiest installs I've done. I remmeber doing plugs on my Lightning one night, and it took HOURS.
I took the car for a little spin, and I have to say, I feel the seat in the pants difference between the 2.93 and the 2.80. Before I was only seeing about 12-13 pounds, now I am seeing 15 just about every time. :burnout:

blowerfront-vi.jpg

install-vi.jpg

pulleys2-vi.jpg

I'm very pleased. Going from 3.65 to 2.93 was a must. And from 2.93 to 2.80 in my opinion was well worth the little work it was. :burnout:
I can feel the car is a hair more touchy down low and it has a little more torque than before. I'm curious to get this thing either to a track or on a dyno.

More install pics
:coolman: Shane

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Nice install... I didnt feel any difference when i went from 2.93 to a 2.80.... But what a difference from stock to a 2.93!

dougwg

Established Member
I hate to say this but that UPR idler is no made properly, sorry but there is no other way to say it.

I’m not bashing them, just stating fact

Everyone that I have seen is made wrong…

There screws DO NOT lock the bearing in properly.

The bearing will start to spin in the bore and wallow out the pulley.

Keep an eye on it! You’ll see what I mean in a few hundred miles.

I am very sorry to have to burst your bubble, which is not my intention but rather to save you hassle later on.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Come tax time, I'm going with a 2.93 and preditor tune from James/RWTD. I'm planning on the Billetflow pulley, what belt do I need and is idlers a must? Any other advice? Oh, what about plugs and the gap?

Shanezam203

Established Member
Originally posted by dougwg
I hate to say this but that UPR idler is not made properly, sorry but there is no other way to say it.
Doug I appreciate the comments. I dont take offense to them, I dont work for upr, I don't sell the product. I just bought it for $100. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks again, Shane

2814v

Established Member
Great install photo's, you have some really good stuff on your pic site. I am getting ready to change the plugs on mine for the first time and was a little concerned about the coil packs( never delt with them before ) Feel alot better now. Thanks.

By the way with a 2.93 and 100mm idler will the stock belt work?
If not what size, I have a 40" belt but think it will be too tight with the idler.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Very good Write up. I will leave this here, and copy it to How-To in the Terminator forums for the pics and write-up that you have. Good job.

Users who are viewing this thread