2.8 pulley nets how much boost?

IMPORTSMOKER

Established Member
i have a steeda 2.8 pulley, stock lower, and only saw 13.2# boost max...i thought this was normal, but now iv heard that it should be around 15# any reason why im only seeing 13# or maybe is it that my pulley is not really a 2.8? only other mods are x-pipe w/ cats, 3" mac catback, straight shot intake?? thanks

C55AMG

Established Member
on the dyno my 2.76 BF max boosted around 13, it may have been due to belt slip and the heat??(over 90 degrees when i dynoed) But if i were you I'd be more cautious of your RWHP rather than the lbs of boost youre making.

What kind of dyno did you use?, if it was a dynojet and made 417HP 463TQ with that pulley, i think you need to get a tune ASAP.

I have the same mods as you except a SCT xcal and i dyno 461/467. I got mines tuned at Racer Edge Tuning in Downey.

IMPORTSMOKER

Established Member
i am currently tuned with the diablosport predator "pulley tune", do you think this is the reason for my low hp numbers? the a/f is not very linear when i dynoed it...also, im getting a steg4 port right now, when i get it back on, im looking for a good tuner in so-cal that has diablosport tuning capabilities, any recomendations? thanks

IMPORTSMOKER

Established Member
i do have the steeda single idler, and in the dyno graph it looks like boost hits a max of 13.4# around 5000rpm, then drops off to around 10# - 12# after 5krpm?? would that effect my tourque numbers (belt slipping) ? also it was about 84 deg outside...im just trying to figure out why my hp is so much lower than my tq numbers...it must be in the tune...

Users who are viewing this thread