2.8 mammouth boost level and RWHP on pump gas (93 octane)

stop2go41

Established Member
I am running a regular 2.8 and am curious for the guys running a 2.8 mammouth on 93 octane what kind of numbers you are seeing? Just debating on getting a mammouth.

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
Boost will play a big part what numbers you can get on pump gas...to take advange of the mammouth set you will want to run lots of boost on e85 or race fuel

stop2go41

Established Member
I am at the same power level now I think the mammouth is not worth it for my application of 93 octane as I cannot turn up the boost high enough to take advantage of the bigger blower

stop2go41

Established Member
I had 627/587 through stock GT axle back ( I have solid axle), I have a Borla cat back now so I am guessing I may have picked 5-10rwhp with that. Thank you for the response it has been hard to get a response on this topic. The KB site is full of info but not really applicable to what I am running.

mp23

Established Member
I am at the same power level now I think the mammouth is not worth it for my application of 93 octane as I cannot turn up the boost high enough to take advantage of the bigger blower

I would agree, you could probably get quite a bit more just going to e85 on your current setup.

stop2go41

Established Member
I would agree, you could probably get quite a bit more just going to e85 on your current setup.

If E85 was available I would run it but nobody has it around my location. I have seen some crazy numbers on E85

Users who are viewing this thread