2.8 LC Kenne Bell supporting mods

adelgado25

Established Member
Hey guys, just picked up a 2.8 LC Kenne Bell and am tracking down supporting mods. Already picked up a BAP, but need some input on injectors and MAF. The KB will come with a 3.5" pulley for the street but will be swapping it out for a 3.25", maybe even a 3" for track use.

I would like to get 80# injectors but have been told that is overkill and will affect my car's drivability from a dead stop when I am driving around with the 3.5" pulley. I know the tune will have a lot to do with how it drives but is it harder to dial in a tune with larger injectors for what I am looking to do? So my question is 60# or 80# injectors knowing that I will be swapping pullies depending on street or track?

Also, is a ba2600 MAF sufficient for my set up? Or should I be looking at another MAF? Not sure if this is a silly question, but will I be able to tune a car with the sct MAF with a diablosport tuner?

Current mods on the car right now are bassani catted x pipe, borla stingers, 26 spline conversion w/ rxt twin disc, subframe connectors, bf IRS brace. I have a JLT CAI, head cooling mod, 170* t-stat and oil catch cans going on over the winter with the KB. Did I miss something? I know the rear will need some help soon. All input is welcomed. Thanks!

Last edited:

lucheski

Established Member
Hey guys, just picked up a 2.8 LC Kenne Bell and am tracking down supporting mods. Already picked up a BAP, but need some input on injectors and MAF. The KB will come with a 3.5" pulley for the street but will be swapping it out for a 3.25", maybe even a 3" for track use.

I would like to get 80# injectors but have been told that is overkill and will affect my car's drivability from a dead stop when I am driving around with the 3.5" pulley. I know the tune will have a lot to do with how it drives but is it harder to dial in a tune with larger injectors for what I am looking to do? So my question is 60# or 80# injectors knowing that I will be swapping pullies depending on street or track?

Also, is a ba2600 MAF sufficient for my set up? Or should I be looking at another MAF? Not sure if this is a silly question, but will I be able to tune a car with the sct MAF with a diablosport tuner?

Current mods on the car right now are bassani catted x pipe, borla stingers, 26 spline conversion w/ rxt twin disc, subframe connectors, bf IRS brace. I have a JLT CAI, head cooling mod, 170* t-stat and oil catch cans going on over the winter with the KB. Did I miss something? I know the rear will need some help soon. All input is welcomed. Thanks!

I used 80Lb injectors for a few years on my old ported eaton car, worked just like stock. I would get MAF suggestion from whoever is going to tune it. What type of Fuel do you plan to use? What are your power goals?

Users who are viewing this thread