2.77 or 2.84 to go with my 4# lower??

99RedSVT

Established Member
Which one should i go with on my lighting to pair up with my 4# lower..I have a grudge match with a camaroSS i raced a few months ago and i bet him but not by much..Well i want that to change this time i want to beat him by atleast 3 cars..

Neither, why risk the damage? You won't make any more power either. Your Eaton is maxed out. I say NOS or race him on a race program...

Now IF YOUR DEAD SET on beating him, 2.84...

99RedSVT

Established Member
i would only run like a 50-75 shot...But u know once u ge the juicve u will up it then up it then up then KABOOM so im trying to stay away from nitrous..

SNCBOOM

Established Member
An upper pulley on our Eaton slips a lot too...definatly go with something else.

Originally posted by SlammedSVT
Works,

How much nos could I run with a 6lb?
Depends...
Fuel, what brand of NOS, what conditions. I would agree, not more than 75 with a 6. A lot of NOS safety comes from a variety of things. With all the proper equipment, a 100 shot would be ok nut damn sure no more.:beer:

I.V. Bolt.

Established Member
Dont even bother with the upper. I had a 5# lower and then used a 2.77 upper didnt feel no difference. Went with the 8# lower and felt a big difference. With that 4# lower your L will handle a 75 shot with no problem, just get a good tune. Theres a guy over at f150online Rob02 running a 75 shot with a 6# lower with no problems.

1fastslamdsg

Established Member
Originally posted by I.V. Bolt.
Dont even bother with the upper. I had a 5# lower and then used a 2.77 upper didnt feel no difference. Went with the 8# lower and felt a big difference. With that 4# lower your L will handle a 75 shot with no problem, just get a good tune. Theres a guy over at f150online Rob02 running a 75 shot with a 6# lower with no problems.

i ditto that
tried it with the #6 didn't get any extra boost just belt slippage

how much differance with the #8 than the #6?
do you feel it in the ***low --mid or high end

i got one (#8) just debating if it will be to much with the ported apten that should arrive any day.

and are you still on the stock block
thanks
merv

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread