2.76 upper and stock tune for emission test?

cobra1977

Established Member
Hey guy's wondering if i can put the stock tune back in while i have the 2/76 upper installed just so i can get the monitors to reset for emission test. I will not put her into boost at all I just need to have the monitors go ready.My tuner shut all of them off and i don't want to get car retuned . My car runs great.

anyone??

ninty9cobra

Established Member
I live in S.California and the Smog laws are very strict, don't know about Canada's Smog laws. But mine passes being pullied and tuned. Main thing is the visual here in Calif. I have my stock h-pipe with 4 cats and Bassani exhaust. The smog test is done at low rpm so the tune should not show. Basically if they ask you say the car is stock. Most smog tech won't know unless you get one that is into 03-04 Cobra's and see your aftermarket pulley.

cobra1977

Established Member
Thanks for the reply we just got the cali emission law here in canada with the Obd 2 port test. no more rollers. So that's why i need to put the car back to stock. My tuner shut off all the monitors for emissions . My car passes the roller test with flying colors but know they changed it. Will the stock tune hurt the car with the 2.76 pulley on it . or do i have to change the pulley back and and spark plugs etc.for the monitor's I will not go into boost the whole time i just need them to read ready.

46stang

Established Member
You'll be fine with the 2.76 pulley and stock tune. Just don't go into boost or you could be in for trouble. When cruising the boost bypass valve is open so it's basically a NA motor.
Back in 2002 I drove my car with a 2.93 pulley and a stock tune for 2 weeks with no tune and lots of boost. 10 years later, still runs strong. Looking back, wasn't my best idea but hey, it worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread