2.76 upper + 4# lower

cajuncreeper

Established Member
Can I run the above setup or will I have to change my upper? Also what supporting mods should I have if I can run this combination?
Thanks in advance

03CobraDom

Established Member
There's a few people running this set-up on here...IMO not a good idea to run it without a Port..It's slightly overspinning the blower and you'll get a lil heatsoak if your running back to back even with the port. Your gonna need some MAF help and a BAP def. A bigger heat exchanger would def be a plus also.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I run that combo. I used to have a 3# lower instead. There may be a slight diff but not much. Gotta keep that belt tight. Tries to slip if not. Great setup for the streets. Even better with the spray. ;) I went ahead and got all the supporting mods at once. Didnt want to take a chance and knew I'd need them with the spray anyway. BAP, injs, HE, MAF. I also went ported blower at the same time as my lower. With just the 2.76 I was at 450/490.

Last edited:

SVTSonicCobra

Nasty Sonic Cobra
Established Member
Can I run the above setup or will I have to change my upper? Also what supporting mods should I have if I can run this combination?
Thanks in advance

Yeah you can run that; as long as you have a ported blower; alot of people are running that combo. Let me guess you have a MotoBlue 2.76 upper right?? If you do, I had the same problem. Motoblue doesn't sell any larger pulley rings.. So I bought a BilletFlow 2.93 upper pulley ring and drilled out the holes to match the MotoBlue holes. The BilletFlow pulley was the only pulley that I could find with five mounting holes; like the MotoBlue. You can try that if you want to change your upper.... My setup is a 2.93 upper and a 6lbs lower and 3.5 alt. pulley....

I would say you would need to change your MAF, put GT40 pumps in, bigger heat exchanger and resivior and you will need a tune....

Users who are viewing this thread