2.76 pulley swap new cobra owner.

Blackbeauty90GT

Established Member
Hello guys this is my first tread on this site but I have been on Allfordmustangs.com for about three years I have had 4 foxbodies and a procharged 03 gt now I finally got a cobra:banana: I have started reading up on the pulley swap seems like a very worth while mod I'm guessing I need the pulley a 74 inch belt and an idler along with a tuner and then a dyno tune am I missing anything? I just changed the plugs I think they were ngk and installed a spec 2 clutch and aluminum flywheel. I'm hoping for about 450rwhp does that seem likely with the mods in my sig? Thanks for any replies from what I have read you guys know these cars very well.
Richard

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
You should for sure hit 450 with a 2.76. In all honesty If I was you when you swapped pullies I would swap all the idlers also. The stock ones have a tendency to...um come apart after a while, and it can do serious damage when they do. Just a little added insurnace. Other than that Billetflow/Metco pulley set, upper of your choice, new belt and a tune and you'll be set. I can promise you it'll be a entire new animal! Welcome to the site by the way!

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
hell if you plan to do all that work, and get it dyno tuned.. i would send your blower case to posi, and have the race port done to it.. then you will be in the high 400's at the wheels. it will be money well spent..

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
hell if you plan to do all that work, and get it dyno tuned.. i would send your blower case to posi, and have the race port done to it.. then you will be in the high 400's at the wheels. it will be money well spent..

True, if money isn't an issue. Will likely need a mafia or a different mass air meter among a few other things. An extra 50rwhp would be great, but then a person will want more eventually, save up for a twinscrew. My .02.

Last edited:

Blackbeauty90GT

Established Member
A twin screw would be nice but I don't have that much to spend. The tuner I was going to use said it would be 450-500 out the door price and they buy the tuner I just get one tune and I don't get to keep the hand held. So billet flow has the idler sets for around 250 or so the I need a belt and pulley I want to stay less than 1000 and closer to 800 if possible. Side note my car does have the stall issue and the rear o2s are sending a CEL I have mil eliminators and new o2s I'm just going to see if the tuner can turn off the rear o2s and fix the stalling problem. Thanks for the replies fellas I really think 450rwhp or so will be good enough for a while I have a dyno sheet from the previous owner it only made 360rwhp I hope that was before the exhaust and RAI

Last edited:

Blackbeauty90GT

Established Member
I have a question though why are there so many pulley sizes? If the 2.76 isn't to much for my set up why would I go with a 2.8 or 2.9 or some of those other sizes

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
if you got with a 2.8/2.9 ect.. you can add a lower crank pulley to make more boost also.. i am running just the 2.76 upper right now and im making 13.5lbs of boost on my ported blower.. and if you are paying 450-500 for the tune, and not keeping the hand held tuner, that is way too high man.. i wouldnt go for that one bit!!! if your paying for it, you keep it!!

for the mods you plan on doing, i would just use justin at VMP, and he can give you a mail order tune, and you will keep the new handheld tuner he sends.. and if you need to make changes to your tune, he will just email you and update.. be better then getting screwed from a local guy..

Last edited:

Blackbeauty90GT

Established Member
Just wanted to update I got the billet flow 2.76 upper with 100mm idler (in blue) and the gates belt installed on my car and on Tuesday night my car is getting dyno tuned its on a mustang dyno so I may not see 450rwhp but I hope its close. Also when we took off the stock pulley it came off real easy and the coolant and oil in the eaton was very fresh but the engines fluids were old any chance I have a ported eaton and don't know it?

Users who are viewing this thread