2.76" pulley bolt or no bolt?

ModsAway

Established Member
I just noticed there is no bolt in the middle of my blower pulley, is this normal? It is threaded as if it accepts one... I had to heat it to get it on so I understand its TIGHT but does it require a bolt to guarantee it will stay on?

I searched and searched and searched, it seems every day someone is posting pics of their pulleys and when I want to see them I cant find em.. :shrug:

Thanks all.

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
The bolt doesn't even really keep the pulley from spinning on the shaft. The later cars, including my 03 don't even one. On mine there was just a plastic plug in thr hole.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
ModsAway said:
I just noticed there is no bolt in the middle of my blower pulley, is this normal? It is threaded as if it accepts one... I had to heat it to get it on so I understand its TIGHT but does it require a bolt to guarantee it will stay on?

I searched and searched and searched, it seems every day someone is posting pics of their pulleys and when I want to see them I cant find em.. :shrug:

Thanks all.

No bolt needed. I just put a small black rubber stopper in there to make it look better.

ModsAway

Established Member
Thanks guys, I also read that it should be flush with the end of the snout... makes sense of course but mine is a little way back... just over the curved portion of the snout end.

Does anyone have some good overhead pictures of the pulley on the snout?

Also the belt is nicely centered on all the idlers except the aux idler, it sits to the backside of this pulley, is that also normal?

Voice of Reason

Established Member
My pulley (or more specifically the hub) is exactly flush with the end of the shaft. When you say you had to heat it up to get the pulley on, how exactly did you install it? Did you use a pulley install tool or did you beat the hell out of it with a hammer? I've installed 4 pulleys now on various 03 Cobras and never once had to heat anything.

ModsAway

Established Member
It is the one pulley I chose not to install myself as I did not want to deal with getting the puller...

The installer simply heated the pulley and slid it on, holding it briefly while it cooled at took hold of the snout... seemed to work pretty well. He also claims you CANNOT get these pullies off without damaging them...

Anyone have a nice close up of how their pulley sits on the snout?

Thanks.,

Users who are viewing this thread