2.76 Pulley - 74.5 or Stock belt?

Secesh

Established Member
I've seen both recommended for a pulley & 4 idler setup.
Does either size work fine?

Thanks
Tom

Driven

LS what???
Established Member
I know with a 2.80 upper and the metco 100mm aux idler the stock belt can be used. Not much help but though this might be some information you could use.

bnglcat

Established Member
I've thought about posting the same question as I too have seen both sizes recommended. CobraBob's site says to use a 74 or 74.5" with the 2.76 and 3 idlers. Billetflow says to use a 74.5" belt with the 4 idlers. Many posts say 75.1" when I searched. Lost, I am.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
The best size belt to run with the 2.76 is the 74.5 with the aux. idler or a 74" without the auxillary idler. Some guys have run the stock belt with the BF 4 idler setup though. You are just at a much higher risk for belt slip with the stock belt. For $35-40 I'd just go get a 74.5" Gates or Gatorback.

CWD

Established Member
74.5 worked great!

I used with my 2.80/ idler set up and it worked great! :coolman:

dougwg

Established Member
This is for BilletFlow products ONLY

A 2.76 and a 4 pulley snub idler kit with the NEW bracket uses a STOCK BELT... period
A 2.76 and a 4 pulley snub idler kit with the OLD bracket uses the K080745... period

If ANYONE tells you differently, they are mistaken

End of discussion

Thank you, have a nice day! :)

Last edited:

bnglcat

Established Member
dougwg said:
A 2.76 and a 4 pulley snub idler kit with the NEW bracket uses a STOCK BELT... period
A 2.76 and a 4 pulley snub idler kit with the OLD bracket uses the K080745... period

End of discussion

Ok. I bought the complete set from you in mid/late February...do I have the new or old bracket?

BoneCrusher

Established Member
dougwg said:

End of discussion

Hehe, oh yeah I forgot about the NEW bracket. Sorry Secesh.

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
bnglcat said:
Ok. I bought the complete set from you in mid/late February...do I have the new or old bracket?

Same here, and I couldn't get the 74.5" belt to fit and I tried a while.

davbrucas

Banned
same here doug...i just bought the pulley/idlers from you a month ago. do i have the new bracket? if so, i am running the 74.5 belt but i am getting some belt slip as i have some belt dust on the idlers.

davbrucas

Banned
BradN01 said:
Same here, and I couldn't get the 74.5" belt to fit and I tried a while.

if you take the top 100mm idler off and then put the belt on while having someone hold the tensioner loose you can quite easily get the idler back on. it is pretty difficult to get the belt on otherwise.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
davbrucas said:
same here doug...i just bought the pulley/idlers from you a month ago. do i have the new bracket? if so, i am running the 74.5 belt but i am getting some belt slip as i have some belt dust on the idlers.

Belt dust doesn't necessarily mean the belt is slipping. My GB gives off a good bit of dust but on the dyno there wasn't any noticeable belt slip. After a while the dust will go away. :beer:

Secesh

Established Member
dougwg said:

End of discussion

Doug,
Your word is gospel.

Now, when did you start shipping the new bracket, or is there a way to tell which I have?

Tom

dougwg

Established Member
I'll post a pic later today

attachment.php

Last edited:

bnglcat

Established Member
dougwg said:
I'll post a pic later today

Is there a big difference between the old and new that would be blatantly obvious in a picture? I was thinking a statement like "purchases as of this date are new, before that are old" would solve a lot of questions.

Secesh

Established Member
dougwg said:
very easy to tell the difference :)

It certainly is, thank you.

If you, or anyone else wants to chime in on another question, is there a problem with reusing the stock belt (1500 miles), or is it better to purchase a new one?

Users who are viewing this thread